Viper changes that I noticed in 2.7, which are not listed in changelog

Terzi

-Brakes do not lock the wheels anymore, which makes the jet more controllable during landing. However anti-skid system is not fully implemented yet. The switch has no function.

-Front gear suspension goes a bit down during brakes-held takeoff. Which makes it so nice that the jet bobs its head a bit when you release the brakes.

-Adverse yaw effects seems to be tuned. When you roll the jet with full stick applied, then you immediately stop the roll, the nose has gentle damped oscillation which seem soo nice.

-(Not sure) but engine rpm might have seen some tweak in high altitudes, or maybe its just me feeling so.

Try the Viper in 2.7 and share what you guys think 🙂 There might be some more that I might have missed. Or maybe all of above is just my imagination.

Thanks ED

• Like 2

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

On 4/15/2021 at 11:13 AM, Terzi said:

-Brakes do not lock the wheels anymore, which makes the jet more controllable during landing. However anti-skid system is not fully implemented yet. The switch has no function.

-Front gear suspension goes a bit down during brakes-held takeoff. Which makes it so nice that the jet bobs its head a bit when you release the brakes.

-Adverse yaw effects seems to be tuned. When you roll the jet with full stick applied, then you immediately stop the roll, the nose has gentle damped oscillation which seem soo nice.

-(Not sure) but engine rpm might have seen some tweak in high altitudes, or maybe its just me feeling so.

Try the Viper in 2.7 and share what you guys think 🙂 There might be some more that I might have missed. Or maybe all of above is just my imagination.

Thanks ED

Definitely agree the Viper feels more stable under breaking when landing especially and also when taxiing with a heavier loadout. 

I'm also seeing new cockpit reflections as well which weren't there before and boy do they look niiiiice with the new clouds and weather. 

Viper is feeling good! 

Mavericks seem to have gotten a little love too:

In PRE mode after a failed lock attempt resulting in Break Lock, TMS Down reverts to a ground stabilized cursor at the handoff location, rather than a wobbly mess as before. 

In VIS mode, the next missile in sequence comes up already pointing at the DT, allowing much faster multi-target attacks in one pass. 

Very happy with both of these 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:13 PM, Terzi said:

The switch definetly has function. For example if you put it to parking brake the wheel brakes acitvate. In ANTI-SKID switch - OFF the brakes still have some anti-skid capability. The brakes will pulse, allowing the wheels to turn, then brake, turn, then brake etc.. I haven't done any testing myself, but this could actually be what you're seeing, whether the switch is fully implemented I do not know, but it definetly sounds like improvments!