wing flutter

iFoxRomeo

@BIGNEWY

Well, the ailerons now work at speeds above Mach 0,9. But the strange wingflutter that plagued the Sabre since release is still there. I initially thought both effects, stuck ailerons and flutter, were connected. But it seems these things are not directly connected.

I made a video to show it. Please ask the team to look at this. In no manual of the F-86 such wingflutter is mentioned. When this flutter occurs the aileron effectiveness gets changed.

In 2013 this effect was ..."interesting"... but in 2021 its not adequate anymore

Have a look.

The Handbook tells of a twisting moment on the wings that casues the wing heaviness. But it doesn't speak of a fluttering wing. As I understand it, it is a constant moment that changes with airspeed and/or aileron displacement. But no flutter.

Excerpt from the Flightmanual F-86F April 1971

Section VI Flight Characteristics

Level Flight Characteristics

Sabre wing characteristics-01.jpg

Sabre wing characteristics-02.jpg

Maneuvering Flight

Sabre wing characteristics-03.jpg

Below 5kft and above 570kts -> aileron control becomes sluggish, but again not fluttering wings.

Track from the video attached.

Fox

p.s. also the gap in the right wingtip is an old "feature"

Sabre_wing flutter.trk

• Like 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• ED Team

I will mention it to the team. 

thanks

edit - split into new topic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2