Cage/Uncage horizon keybind

Jakey-Poo

Title. 
This would be really handy to be able to bind these to your hotas for when you’re about to fly into those beautiful new clouds. 

there are keybinds for uncage and adjustment, but none to cage/reset. 

• Like 6

Agreed. Every time I have flown into a cloud in the Jug I have gotten Spatial-D and ended up upside down staring at the ground because that ADI is an unreliable piece of junk that goes unhinged even if you're flying straight and level. The Spitfire's ADI is incredibly reliable, only occasionally going whacko after hard maneuvering, but still recalibrates itself after you fly straight and level. Same for the Mustang. The Jug's, on the other hand, will go all over the place for no reason at all within seconds of uncaging. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, this thing seems to be messed up 😉

Your post shouldn't be in "Wish List", but in "Bugs and Problems" (missing control assigment).

Maybe some good soul can move it there?

Until they fix it...
If you want to assign it to a joystick - find below what seems to be working for me.
Use at own risk!
Backup the original file first!

First two lines are for 2 separate buttons for cage and uncage, the third line is for a toggle switch (if you don't need a toggle, you don't have to put it in your file).
Add the underneath contents as new lines to .\Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Input\P-47D-30\joystick\default.lua, somewhere after "join(res.keyCommands, {" (so that it nicely fits other contents you can see there).

{down = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Horizon Uncage'), category = _('Front Dash')}, -- add, originally missing
{down = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Horizon Cage V2'), category = _('Front Dash')}, -- attempt fix, they have it as Button_8 lower down (doesn't seem to work both ways though)
{down = device_commands.Button_7, up = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Horizon UNCAGE else CAGE'), category = _('Front Dash')},

• Thanks 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

1 hour ago, scoobie said:

Yep, this thing seems to be messed up 😉

Your post shouldn't be in "Wish List", but in "Bugs and Problems" (missing control assigment).

Maybe some good soul can move it there?

Until they fix it...
If you want to assign it to a joystick - find below what seems to be working for me.
Use at own risk!
Backup the original file first!

First two lines are for 2 separate buttons for cage and uncage, the third line is for a toggle switch (if you don't need a toggle, you don't have to put it in your file).
Add the underneath contents as new lines to .\Mods\aircraft\P-47D-30\Input\P-47D-30\joystick\default.lua, somewhere after "join(res.keyCommands, {" (so that it nicely fits other contents you can see there).

{down = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Horizon Uncage'), category = _('Front Dash')}, -- add, originally missing
{down = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Horizon Cage V2'), category = _('Front Dash')}, -- attempt fix, they have it as Button_8 lower down (doesn't seem to work both ways though)
{down = device_commands.Button_7, up = device_commands.Button_7, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Horizon UNCAGE else CAGE'), category = _('Front Dash')},

Thank you, sir!  And I actually already have a post in the bugs/issues area as well about the artificial horizon and vacuum system suction....  issues generally. 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

I also encountered the missing binding and no toggle option. BTW: In P-51D there is also a reset function, is there nothing like it in P-47D? Do I have to cycle it using cage/uncage?

• Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC2024 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII, CA 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima+TPR ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube 🐛 "Favourite" bugs: 1) gates not growing regress, 2) L-39 target size cockpit animation regress, 3) Yak-52 toggles not toggling, 4) all Caucasus ATC bugs