question?

rattler

There are some mods out that change the Russian cockpit language to English for some gauges, would it be possible to change all the cockpit language to English. The reason is that a lot of English speaking only fighter jocks fly the Russian jets, Mig29, Su27, Su25T although we can fly them I think it would be nice if we had the English wording on the gauges. Just a thought. Oh and visa versa for the U. S. Jets.

Do the BVR ones not do this?

Regards

Paul

Paul, I mean the whole cockpit lettering in English for the Russian jets and Russian for the U.S. jets. Not just a few gauges. symbols the works.Cheers thanks for your question and I hope I answered it correctly. If not ask me again with more info. Be glad to explain in more detail.Cheers

Ah I see, that would require a brand new model wouldn't it?

Regards

Paul

Paul, I really don't know. Modders have changes a number of gauges to English, I don't know about Russian, so if they can change the lettering to English, is it possible to change the whole pit. I guess we have to wait for a modder to pop in and answer that question. Would be nice to have though because right now most New A/C use the Su-33 for the model of new aircraft but we have a Russian pit with some english gauges. I know in the .tga file I can change the wording, I have done it. If I knew Russian I would give it a shot and see if I could add English. I have done it on a couple of MFD's . If someone coul translate the Russian language I would give it a shot.Cheers and thanks for the interest.

As Rattler correctly pointed out - at most the entire Pit can be reskinned - and as a consequence it is entirely plausible that the lettering can then be changed to English. As regards to a new model - not possible due to the coding.

Not being a modder I cannot comment further on the intricacies that might be involved, suffice to say that it could be a time-consuming venture :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'