Default key assignment ...

Hi,

I don't know if this goes here, but ... you will tell me.

After making changes to the key assignment, I decided to start over, since it didn't convince me ... I had a lot of keys assigned to the Hotas that are hardly used later ...

But ... I have bundled it, since I have deleted all the assignments, and I do not know how to recover the ones that come by default ... I have thought about reinstalling, but they are 80GB ...

Where can I get the default key bindings?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, peirof said:

Where can I get the default key bindings?

All your bindings edits are stored on a .DIFF.LUA file stored at /Saved games/DCS/Input/your-aircraft/

At that location are several folders: keyboard, joystick, mouse, trackir, etc... one per device type that you have.

Inside those folders is a file that ends in .DIFF.LUA ... simply delete or rename the file and all the bindings edit that you did are now back at default.

For example, this is the one I have for the Hornet:

3iNc1bY.jpg

You may have more than one file if you have updated your PC since the last time you installed DCS, the one that is in use is the one with the newest date.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks...

I have try this.... but when i go to key assignament, all its clear....

In this moment, i have doing one thing what I wanted to avoid ...
uninstall, delete remnants and reinstall ... about 50gb, bufff

mmm... 

something strange happens ...

After reinstalling the simulator, the Steam version ...

The first thing I have done is save a copy of the KEYBOARD's default key mapping ...
I explain what I have done, so that if you see any failure, tell me:
(It is possible that the name of the selected option differs from the one you have, since I use the Spanish version ....)

1- In the HOME SCREEN, click on the gear icon (OPTIONS)
2- In the OPTIONS screen, I go to CONTROLS, as I have reinstalled, if you see the default key assignment of all the controls that I have installed.
3- In CONTROLS, I press on the KEYBOARD column, then the last option of the upper menu lights up SAVE PROFILE AS
4- I press SAVE PROFILE AS (now I can), I get a file browser and go to the folder where I want to save it, I create one, with a short name without rare characters DCSctrl
5- I save the keyboard's default keys with a simple name: CA DKB.diff.lua (Combined Arms Default Keybinding)
6- But nothing is saved ... Does anyone know why?

How can I backup the default key mapping?

One important change...

If over the default Keybinding, i make a change....

Andd try to SAVE PROFILE AS...

This time its saved..., only SAVES the changes over defalult profile....

Changes  saved in CA DKB.lua

local diff = {
    ["keyDiffs"] = {
        ["d1608pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {
            ["name"] = "Blocar la torreta en la dirección actual",
            ["removed"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "V",
                },
            },
        },
        ["d407pnilunilcdnilvdnilvpnilvunil"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "V",
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "Vista con prismáticos",
            ["removed"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "B",
                },
            },
        },
    },
}
return diff

I have changed clear "Blocar la torreta en la dirección actual" and "Vista con prismaticos"

and after assigned to "Vista con prismaticos", B key

Its possible change to "default" key binding....

making test....

The procedure, that seems works....

1- Select the column do you want to restart

2- Select the option in the upper options: "delete category", this erase  all assignaments to this controller

and 

3- Select the column do you want restart and press the option in the upper options: "reset category by default"

Think the 2 step, can be avoided...

From what I suppose that the default key assignment, IS ALWAYS THE SAME, what is saved in the * .lua files, are the changes that are made on this category ...

You cannot save the initial key mapping, because it is not necessary, you can always return to it ...

Maybe this is explained in the manual ... but many pages

Do as@Rudel_chw says, re-installation won't do you any good, as all your settings are in your "Saved Games" folder anyway, and that won't be deleted/changed with a re-installation.
I have successfully reverted my keyboard/controller settings by clicking the top row in controller settings, and chosen "set as default" or similar. Might not work all the time though.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk