Which setting actually controls the cockpit illumination/reflection from terrain?

Bog9y

Does anybody know what setting I need to change to DISABLE cockpit illumination/reflections from terrain? I have cockpit global illumination off but that doesn't make any difference. 

What I mean is, when I take off from Nellis in an F-16, the overall cockpit illumination seems to be a bit yellow-ish. Then as you are halfway down the runway it changes to a normal colour, the reverse happens on landing there. Normal colours on final, as you approach the threshold the cockpit seems to become more yellow.  

I thought it was global illumination but since you have that off then that seems odd. I thought that was what reflected the external colours inside the cockpit.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

On 5/12/2021 at 10:44 PM, Bog9y said:

Does anybody know what setting I need to change to DISABLE cockpit illumination/reflections from terrain? I have cockpit global illumination off but that doesn't make any difference. 

What I mean is, when I take off from Nellis in an F-16, the overall cockpit illumination seems to be a bit yellow-ish. Then as you are halfway down the runway it changes to a normal colour, the reverse happens on landing there. Normal colours on final, as you approach the threshold the cockpit seems to become more yellow.  

Haven't investigated yet but I believe SSAO and cockpit Global illumination are mislabeled currently. So try turning off SSAO.

<VAAF>

Virtual Australian Air-Force :thumbup::joystick::pilotfly:

3 hours ago, sam777777 said:

Haven't investigated yet but I believe SSAO and cockpit Global illumination are mislabeled currently. So try turning off SSAO.

Yep, it's off. 

On 5/13/2021 at 1:34 AM, AlpineGTA said:

I thought it was global illumination but since you have that off then that seems odd. I thought that was what reflected the external colours inside the cockpit.

It seems that ON or OFF for global illumination makes no difference on my system. Really weird

I have mine set to off, thinking it saves a few FPS, because I fly in VR, but I've never really paid much attention to whether it's actually working or not. I'm curious now, I'll have to test it on and off and see if I notice a difference.

Edit: Doh! I've just realised this is in the VR section so I assume you're flying in VR too. 

Edited by AlpineGTA

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2