On the real stick is the CMS switch momentary or selectable?

ZeroReady

I don't understand the explanation of semi and auto cms modes.

SEMI (Semi-Automatic): aircraft systems determine the program to be dispensed based on the threat. Consent to dispense must be given by positioning the CMS aft on the stick.

AUTO: aircraft systems determine the program to be dispensed based on the threat. Countermeasures are dispensed automatically. This mode must also be enabled by positioning the CMS aft on the stick. It may be disabled by selecting CMS right.

Both modes select the appropriate program based on RWR. Both modes require consent with cms being "positioned" aft. So what is the difference? And does the CMS switch IRL stay where you put it like the boat switch or is it like our TM Warthog and it's momentary? And are semi and auto modes even implemented yet? Betty never says counter or chaff/flare. 

Edited by ZeroReady

It is momentary switch just as the Warthog CMS switch, just a flick aft grants consent for the system to auto dispense. Unsure if it is implemented in the sim yet, I haven't tried as I like to managed my Chaff/Flare, and not let the system waste it.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

It is momentary switch just as the Warthog CMS switch, just a flick aft grants consent for the system to auto dispense. Unsure if it is implemented in the sim yet, I haven't tried as I like to managed my Chaff/Flare, and not let the system waste it.

It isnt implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks for clearing that part up. 

As far the difference between semi and auto, I checked the BMS manual and it cleared it up.

SEMI - release is not automatic but the EWS will prompt the pilot through the VMS (“COUNTER”) whenever the system feels countermeasures should be employed. The pilot then can give consent to release by depressing CMS aft. The selected program will be then released once. If the threat persists the EWS will prompt for consent again (“COUNTER”). Consent must be given each time. Please note that for the SEMI mode to work the RWR switch on the CMDS panel needs to be ON.

AUTO - Consent must be given once (CMS aft) and is assumed until it is explicitly cancelled with a CMS right. Deployment of countermeasures is thus automatic and can deplete your stores very fast depending on the program selected.

Auto requires consent just one time, semi requires consent every time the jet wants to deploy countermeasures.