Bomb fall line out of alignment?

Campbell

Maybe you guys can help me. I have a mission that is for practice bombing. I have Jester align the INS fine with a stored heading on the ramp before I ever move. I use map markers to steer point for Jester to enter my route. For some reason every time I get into the AO and select my bombs the bomb fall line is always left or right of center and as a result I can’t hit my targets. There is no wind in this mission. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If there's no wind, then a slanted BFL is indicative that your alignment has somehow gotten messed up, or you've damaged the INS. 

When are you giving Jester the command to enter steer points? Telling Jester to enter multiple waypoints before he's finished entering the first can cause him to get confused and mistakenly enter them as ownship pos. I don't remember if this is still possible after alignment, but best practice is to give jester one waypoint at a time.

How many Gs are you putting on the jet on your way to the target? Grossly Over Ging the jet can damage your INS. 

Thanks, I think I figured out what’s happening. I’m new to the F14 and utilizing Jester. I just figured out that Jester auto aligns the INS from the stored heading. So when I tell him to “align fine” I’m actually braking his alignment process and messing it up.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 5/13/2021 at 9:53 PM, Campbell said:

Thanks, I think I figured out what’s happening. I’m new to the F14 and utilizing Jester. I just figured out that Jester auto aligns the INS from the stored heading. So when I tell him to “align fine” I’m actually braking his alignment process and messing it up.

Wait.. so am I not supposed to tell Jester to do a fine alignment as part of cold start in offline campaigns that have stored headings?

I have the bomb fall line alignment issue also.

• Like 1

GIGABYTE 78LMT

AMD FX-8350

MSI ARMOR 1060 GTX 3GB

32 GB RAM DDR3 1600

SSD 120GB OS - DCS Installed

SSD 240GB

HDD 1TB

1080p @ 60hz

1 hour ago, B_Tank88 said:

Wait.. so am I not supposed to tell Jester to do a fine alignment as part of cold start in offline campaigns that have stored headings?

Correct. If stored heading alignment is on, leave it well alone and let it do it's thing.

• Like 1