FPS Issues when looking at sky even when clear?

Kunze13

So im having a weird issue, if i look at the ground or clouds my fps goes between 60- 120ish, but if i look at the bare blue sky it Fps caps to SAY its at 65fps but stutters like its at 40-50fps, same with looking at open ocean, so i check my gpu usage and my gpu usage drops like its slacking off when i look at open sky or water, this isn't just me either, my friends pc does it too.

My specs are 3070 RTX, I7 10700k, 32gb DDR5 Ram, and DCS is on the C drive on an M.2

His specs are a 1660 Super OC, I7 9700K, 32gb DDR5 Ram, Again on C drive, however not on an m.2

So im wondering why this happens

• ED Team

please include a track replay so I can test directly with what you are seeing

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So not sure if/how you're going to be able to replicate this on a different system, but at the beginning of this track its very blatant as i look between the jets and the sky, also certain areas of the ground seem to cause the fps cap as well, when the "cap" happens my gpu usage has a sudden drop leading me to believe some part of dcs is telling it its ok to slack off.....

Fulcrum VS Falcon.trk

I've played your track and I have no such issue:

• when the camera is on the side, I get 120 FPS
  • as soon as the camera is "filming" from below, I get 180 FPS

2700X - 32 GB RAM - GTX1080 Ti

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Exactly what i expected to happen, my point is ive had this issue on two different pc's this pc is brand new with dcs as the first game installed, this is the only game i have this issue with so its for sure a dcs issue

You told about 65 FPS capping. This rings a bell. Can you please attach your Export.lua file please? If you have one, it's located in "Saved Games\DCS...\Scripts".

Thanks. I see you only have Tacview's hook. You see, hooks declared in Export.lua can sometimes cause FPS issues.

If you want, you can try disabling Tacview from the "Special" optons ingameto see if Tacview is the culprit. I don't think it is since you're having this issue on two different machines, but hey, you never know.

• ED Team

Not seeing any issues when I test 

Please remove all unofficial mods from C:\Users\Alex\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/

then run a slow repair and then test. 

let us know if you see a difference.

ensure windows and all drivers are up to date. 

fps test2.PNG

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2