Howdwoes ACM mode work?

ustio

So i select Dogfight mode, TMS Up for boresight, and when i put the circle fron the helmet to a bandit, sometime its just doesn't lock. Where do i do wrong? The bandit was in the middle of the circle

Sounds like you're doing things right. In Boresight mode the radar will lock a target in the HMCS "egg" or the boresight cross on the HUD. 

It is limited by range, so how far away a target is can have an effect. At dogfighting ranges that shouldn't be a problem. 

ACM used to be pretty buggy but I've mostly had pretty good luck with it recently. It's always possible bugs remain though. 

3 hours ago, ustio said:

So i select Dogfight mode, TMS Up for boresight, and when i put the circle fron the helmet to a bandit, sometime its just doesn't lock. Where do i do wrong? The bandit was in the middle of the circle

Dogfight mode is still very buggy. What you have to do is press TMS up when you're looking at the target. If it doesn't lock, keep spamming TMS Up until it does. If you press TMS Up before you look at the target it will take much longer for the lock to actually acquire. It's not realistic, but it's what we have and it's not gonna get fixed anytime soon.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Also as was said already, there is a range gate of 10nm (though an E3 sized target might only start locking at 9nm for whatever reason) for the ACM modes.

Still, a lot of bugs and especially with the "as intended" lagging of the lock behind the target (which only affects the F16) it's really not usable.

Just set your AIM-9 to BORE instead of SLAV on the SMS and use your head to make them stick. (Or keep TDC depress pressed for the same effect)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline