Missions not loading anymore

I have the latest version of DCS 2.5, and I have a bunch of saved missions. Some of them stopped working - they don't load, while the others are still working okay. The ones that don't load either get stuck right at the beginning, or at the 97 caucasus.ng5. The log says this:

______

2021-06-02 10:59:11.283 INFO    DCS: Screen: Mission
2021-06-02 10:59:19.188 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Mission\CoalitionData.lua"]:274: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [C]: in function 'pairs'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Mission\CoalitionData.lua"]:274: in function 'find_country'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Mission\CoalitionData.lua"]:284: in function 'loadCoalitions'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_mission.lua"]:1693: in function 'load'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_openfile.lua"]:633: in function 'func'
    [string "./Scripts/UI/ProgressBarDialog.lua"]:154: in function 'updater'
    [string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:64: in function <[string "./Scripts/UpdateManager.lua"]:40>

______

I haven't changed the missions, I have the latest drivers for GPU, I've done a Windows update and DCS update, but no change. The missions stopped working a while ago, but I'm not sure when exactly as I was flying different missions.

Any ideas on how to solve it?

ps: I just realized I posted it in New User Briefing Room instead of Guides and Tutorials... Is there a way I can move it?

Edited by Simulation_geek

• ED Team

Hi

please remove any unofficial mods or edits, then rename your dcs folder in saved games ( keep it as a backup )

run a slow repair on DCS or verify if a steam user

then restart DCS login and test

If it fixes it you can move your input folder from the backup to the newly created folder so you dont have to redo your controls. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for your reply. I have Leatherneck simulation's MiG 21-bis, does it count as unofficial mod? Arent the missions saved in the saved games folder? If I delete/rename it, I won't be able to test if the missions are working.

I did run an updater for DCS, is that different than doing a slow repair?

2 hours ago, Simulation_geek said:

Thank you for your reply. I have Leatherneck simulation's MiG 21-bis, does it count as unofficial mod? Arent the missions saved in the saved games folder? If I delete/rename it, I won't be able to test if the missions are working.

I did run an updater for DCS, is that different than doing a slow repair?

MiG-21Bis is an official module made by licensed 3rd party. Mods (free, user made additions) like Navy planes or Airfield accessory are not.

Of course if you move/rename your profile you keep it as a copy. It's just for testing purposes but it may solve the issue. When you start DCS in newly created profile you can still load missions from the old one - just navigate to it by using double dots ".." from the mission selection.

Cleanup and repair is not the same as updating.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/709/

Also try loading the mission and resave it. Then try again. Upload the dcs.log if it fails again. Can you share the mission for someone to test? I can't - don't have MiG-21 module.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

On 6/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, draconus said:

Upload the dcs.log if it fails again.

Please do that.

39 minutes ago, Simulation_geek said:

I can send the mission if anyone's willing to take a look.

Yes, please.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• 3 weeks later...