A Special option to raise the target designator crosshair for Petrovich

MA_Seyo

Hello! The Ka-50 has got a wonderful feature where it raises the helmet mounted sight further up on the screen so that you do not have to look up to designate a target right in front of you. It would be great to have this feature for the Hind's Petrovich designator crosshair as well. To illustrate what I mean I'll show some pictures. 

This screenshot is taken immediately after re-centering the TrackIR view, looking straight ahead. The crosshair is in the center of the screen, meaning you would have to look up to designate any target that you see.

The Ka-50 has got an option in the Special settings called "Helmet ring displacement" that moves its helmet-mounted designator up or down from the center, like this (image). This option makes it more comfortable to designate targets since you don't have to look up to designate something, you can just look at the target normally. It would be great to have this option for the Hind as well. 

Edited by 7Seyo7
  • Like 13

Hello! The Ka-50 has got a wonderful feature where it raises the helmet mounted sight further up on the screen so that you do not have to look up to designate a target right in front of you. It would be great to have this feature for the Hind's Petrovich designator crosshair as well. To illustrate what I mean I'll show some pictures. 

This screenshot is taken immediately after re-centering the TrackIR view, looking straight ahead. The crosshair is in the center of the screen, meaning you would have to look up to designate any target that you see.

The Ka-50 has got an option in the Special settings called "Helmet ring displacement" that moves its helmet-mounted designator up or down from the center, like this (image). This option makes it more comfortable to designate targets since you don't have to look up to designate something, you can just look at the target normally. It would be great to have this option for the Hind as well. 
I agree!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I find all DCS default views are tilted downwards , which drives me nuts. With every module, I tilt my view up (Numpad8) and save my default snap view in what I find a much more natural position. 

Here's my screen directly after re-centering TrackIR:

Screen_210617_203705.jpg

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Yeah, I agree with that too, and I also do as you. But still I would like the "reticle" level with my eyes, as in the Shark. Just crossing my fingers ED will take it in consideration to let us adjust it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree. In the current position It is straining my neck to get the pipper on target in level flight. 

Edit: For now i have changed the vertical angle in the default view to -7.5 degrees. This puts the designator crosshair at the bottom of the sight glass and still keeps the MIP, map and - on an ultra wide monitor at least - mirrors visible in the forward view.

Edited by Derk
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

It's like that by default for a reason.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Derk said:

I agree. In the current position It is straining my neck to get the pipper on target in level flight. 

Edit: For now i have changed the vertical angle in the default view to -7.5 degrees. This puts the designator crosshair at the bottom of the sight glass and still keeps the MIP, map and - on an ultra wide monitor at least - mirrors visible in the forward view.

^ This is the correct solution. This is what I have done for most of my modules including MiG-19P (Hopefully S soon).

• Like 1