First look around Mariana's in Huey

The DCS terrains just keep getting better and better.  The Marianas is gorgeous.  But, what is the long game here?  Are we to see WWII American, British , and Japanese ships and planes fighting in the Pacific, in the future?  I have to wonder how available detailed information on Japanese aircraft is. Detailed enough to meet DCS’s high standards?  Or, will we see present day battles with the Chinese?

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

How did you even get the Huey to work in Marianas? My software does not show it in Instant Action and seems to crash when I create a mission.

My Pit: Corsair 780T Case, MSI Meg Godlike MoBo, I9-9900k, GeForce 2080 X Trio, 64 GB Corsair Ram, Corsair 150I Triple Fan Cooler, 980 Evo 1 TB SSD, Intel 660P 1 TB SSD, 6 corsair LL120 Fans.

35 minutes ago, MuddyMcFilthy said:

How did you even get the Huey to work in Marianas? My software does not show it in Instant Action and seems to crash when I create a mission.

No, there are no instant action missions for the huey in the Marianas yet. You just pop the huey in the mission editor on the Marianas map and voilà. 

On the subject of crashing, I don't experience any issues when creating any mission in the Marianas, I don't know what could be causing the issue on your side. 

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Thanks for the info. I am not too familiar with the mission editor so I am not sure how to generate one and add the Huey in there. Any simple walk thru's you might be able to recommend? 

• Like 1

My Pit: Corsair 780T Case, MSI Meg Godlike MoBo, I9-9900k, GeForce 2080 X Trio, 64 GB Corsair Ram, Corsair 150I Triple Fan Cooler, 980 Evo 1 TB SSD, Intel 660P 1 TB SSD, 6 corsair LL120 Fans.

On 7/3/2021 at 10:20 PM, MuddyMcFilthy said:

Thanks for the info. I am not too familiar with the mission editor so I am not sure how to generate one and add the Huey in there. Any simple walk thru's you might be able to recommend? 

This is very off-topic, but let me try and help you

The DCS ME is actually very VERY user friendly. It pretty much explains itself. You should really try and at least get yourself introduced with the absolute basics, as this way you'll at least be able to fly anywhere you want in the conditions you want.

For now try this step by step explanation:

1. Click Mission Editor
  2. Select Marianas and click OK
  3. in the ME, click the little helicopter icon to the left
  4. then click anywhere on the map where you want to fly
  5. then, in the window that opened on the right, select the desired helicopter (the ones that are yellow, you own and can fly) and select player in the "skill" selection menu
  6. Save as...
  7. Fly!

If you want to do a bit more (like add waypoints, clouds, start from ground, add other flights and statics, etc.) there are plenty of helpful tutorials on YT.

This one for instance might be nice for a starter:

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 7/2/2021 at 6:44 AM, TWC_SLAG said:

The DCS terrains just keep getting better and better.  The Marianas is gorgeous.  But, what is the long game here?  Are we to see WWII American, British , and Japanese ships and planes fighting in the Pacific, in the future?  I have to wonder how available detailed information on Japanese aircraft is. Detailed enough to meet DCS’s high standards?  Or, will we see present day battles with the Chinese?

Sorry I'm bit late back on this. Yeah the immediate plans/thinking was present day with Chinese assets pack I do believe. A WW2 Marianas version is in the works but whether we will get more pacific assets added to the ww2 assets pack I'm not sure. Hopefully will see a ai zero or bomber somestage but I'm not banking on it.

Win 10 64, I7 8700K, Nvidia 1080ti, 32mb ram, M.2 PCIe 2tb ssd

On 7/4/2021 at 6:20 AM, MuddyMcFilthy said:

Sorry I'm late with reply but I see Sirrah has helped out so your in good hands! Makes some teriffic missions. I made a few tutorials myself on my channel but I probably got bit too distracted going off on tangents in those so I defer to the above or plenty other starter tutorials. Good luck!

Win 10 64, I7 8700K, Nvidia 1080ti, 32mb ram, M.2 PCIe 2tb ssd

On 7/1/2021 at 9:44 PM, TWC_SLAG said:

The Chinese have already taken over Rota Island.

Marines have been landed and are attacking the Airport and forces to the west of the island.

Harriers from North West Field are in support.

A10's from Guam are attacking tanks at the airport.

A Chinese task force is on its way from the West.

An American force is on its way from the East.

And so on.

Great map and ideal for Combined Arms.

I7 2600K @ 3.8, CoolerMaster 212X, EVGA GTX 1070 8gb. RAM 16gb Corsair, 1kw PSU. 2 x WD SSD. 1 x Samsung M2 NVMe. 3 x HDD. Saitek X-52. Saitek Pro Flight pedals. CH Flight Sim yoke. TrackIR 5. Win 10 Pro. IIyama 1080p. MSAA x 2, SSAA x 1.5. Settings High. Harrier/Spitfire/Beaufighter/The Channel, fanboy..