Steadying Camera with TrackIR

I've noticed in several videos that when fiddling with knobs and switches, one should be able to freeze the camera for a sec to accomplish the task.  Is there a particular keyboard command that does this?  Or are they just active pausing.  I can't seem to hold my head steady enough to, for example, set the TACAN frequency.

The easiest way to do this is to bind a pause in the TrackIR software. There's probably ways of doing it in DCS as well, but why not go directly to the source? I've set mine to Numlock just to get an extra indication beyond the lights on the TIR sensor.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Thanks for that ! Your post will allow me to finally solve the "Window out of focus" issue  . Don't know why i never thought of using VA...

5 hours ago, II.JG1_Vonrd said:

I use a VoiceAttack command... "Freeze" bound to the default F9 to switch it on and off.

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I don’t have trouble with this in DCS but in the civy sims with tiny double dials on the Garmin, I set a side button on the mouse for pause.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5