[FIXED] Waypoint edit - TDC directions messed up

Kappa

Hi guys, i'm having an annoyng problem with TDC when tryng to modify a waypoint.

If i try to move a wpt using TDC in EHSD (INS selected), TDC directions are all wrong (they seems to be relative to aircraft heading i guess).

Could this be a bug? 🙂

Edited by Kappa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

• Kappa changed the title to Waypoint edit - TDC directions messed up
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [REPORTED] Waypoint edit - TDC directions messed up
54 minuti fa, Hornet81 ha scritto:

Glad that it worked for you.

I don’t think it was related because what kappa reported was when slewing the TPOD in INS HUD DES and the issue you had was when moving the seeker when the Mavs were uncaged. 

Thanks again for the report. We will move this one to the solved.

@Hornet81 Quoting your post from another topic.

Just to be claer, my report has nothing to do with TPOD or at list a think it does not 🙂

It is related to waypoint editind via EHSD and TDC, it may be related to TDC in INS mode  so it does affect also TPOD when in INS...

Here it is step by step:

1. Go to EHSD
  2. Press DATA
  3. Ensure WYPT is boxed
  4. Ensure INS mode (if not press SSS Fwd)
  5. Now you can move selected Waypoint location via TDC
  6. Use TDC to move waypoint around the map, you'll notice that TDC directions are messed up. (E.g. if you press TDC Right it goes UP and so on...)

Hope this help.

Thanks

Edited by Kappa

--

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

36° Stormo Virtuale - Italian Virtual Flight Community

www.36stormovirtuale.net

"It is related to waypoint editind via EHSD and TDC, it may be related to TDC in INS mode  so it does affect also TPOD when in INS... "

I agree. In my case, when I thought I would move the IRMAV reticle, I had to undesignate my TPOD target and thus was in EHSD INS mode (which I failed to recognise). Instead of slewing the IRMAV seeker, I was slewing the INS cursor and the IRMAV was just slaved to it.

The culprit is the EHSD. 🙂

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, Kappa said:

@Hornet81 Quoting your post from another topic.

Just to be claer, my report has nothing to do with TPOD or at list a think it does not 🙂

It is related to waypoint editind via EHSD and TDC, it may be related to TDC in INS mode  so it does affect also TPOD when in INS...

Just confirming this. It is not TPOD related. It happens even without a TPOD loaded.

The TDC moves the waypoint in directions relative to aircraft heading. But the DATA function automatically switches the EHSD to North up orientation, making it tricky-to-impossible to accurately move the waypoint using the TDC.

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [FIXED] Waypoint edit - TDC directions messed up
On 9/11/2023 at 4:47 PM, AlphaJuliet said:

The data slew is now working properly, it's not slewing diagonally anymore.
It's been around a year, almost two since it's been fixed

That may be. I definitely had it behave,  last week, as decribed in the original post of this thread: ie, the axes moving relative to the heading, up=away in direction of heading, while the map is oriented N up.

I'll have to double check if it is consistant, or possibly user error (user error is easily achieved with this module). 

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2