Will there be control helper in this helicopter?

muamshai

I find it useful in Mi-24/Mi-8 specially with vertical take off/landings and hovers, so would be interested to know if such option would be available for AH-64D?
(Obviously, if this machine is installed with advance autopilot system like Kh-50 then such may not be needed. )

This space is available for your advertisement

Pretty sure, as usual, it’ll be modeled as close to the real aircraft as possible. There won’t be any arcade help/controllers. 

• Like 1

I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

On 8/11/2021 at 3:47 AM, BSS_Sniper said:

Pretty sure, as usual, it’ll be modeled as close to the real aircraft as possible. There won’t be any arcade help/controllers. 

I think @muamshaiwas referring to the controller overlay helper (righthand upper corner in the Mi-24)

While I don't like/use it myself (immersion killer and not useful imo), I would be highly surprised if this "helper" wouldn't be added to the Apache. So far all helo modules have it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 8/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, sirrah said:

I think @muamshaiwas referring to the controller overlay helper (righthand upper corner in the Mi-24)

While I don't like/use it myself (immersion killer and not useful imo), I would be highly surprised if this "helper" wouldn't be added to the Apache. So far all helo modules have it.

I think he's referring to the the autopilot functions. Which if I recall, the Apache does have a fairly complex autopilot that will keep it stable when you need to be blowing apart doors 4mi away without knocking, and then allow the chopper to fly like a fighter plane. I mean heck, the Apache is a very agile helicopter, and I get the feeling that much that is thanks to the computers on board.

• 7 months later...