[NO BUG] Harrier TPOD vs Maverick Seeker Video Display Problem

LowQualityHuman

Hi.

I've been encountering an issue with the display screens in the Harrier for a few days now.  The problem seems to have come out of nowhere and I've not been able to sort it out on my own.  I haven't downloaded any mods nor have I updated anything recently.  I spend most of my time flying the Harrier and don't believe I've changed any of my procedures.

The problem has to do with the display of the TGP being taken over by the Maverick seeker display once the missile is uncaged.  This has been happening regardless of what screen I set the TGP or weapon stores page to.  I cannot have an uncaged Maverick and a TGP display at the same time on separate screens any more.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module without luck.  It happens with both the IR Mavericks as well as the laser Mavericks.

I'm no expert and the TGP/Maverick Workflow isn't the most intuitive so I've gone back and reviewed several tutorial videos just to make sure my brain isn't what's really broken here.  After watching a few I've confirmed it is just my jet that's doing this.  Any help with the problem will be appreciated.  With the IR Mavs it's livable using just the missile seeker, but with the laser Mavs I can't self-lase anything.

Thank you for your help!

Hi

IIRC both video feed (tpod + maverick) are not possible at the same time.

It is a feature, not a bug

For example, when deploying the new laser maverick E2, get a tgt with the tpod, uncage the maverick, SSS forward long to see if the maverick is locked (the tpod video disappears for a few seconds) and fire when in range

Regards

10 hours ago, LowQualityHuman said:

Hi.

I've been encountering an issue with the display screens in the Harrier for a few days now.  The problem seems to have come out of nowhere and I've not been able to sort it out on my own.  I haven't downloaded any mods nor have I updated anything recently.  I spend most of my time flying the Harrier and don't believe I've changed any of my procedures.

The problem has to do with the display of the TGP being taken over by the Maverick seeker display once the missile is uncaged.  This has been happening regardless of what screen I set the TGP or weapon stores page to.  I cannot have an uncaged Maverick and a TGP display at the same time on separate screens any more.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the module without luck.  It happens with both the IR Mavericks as well as the laser Mavericks.

I'm no expert and the TGP/Maverick Workflow isn't the most intuitive so I've gone back and reviewed several tutorial videos just to make sure my brain isn't what's really broken here.  After watching a few I've confirmed it is just my jet that's doing this.  Any help with the problem will be appreciated.  With the IR Mavs it's livable using just the missile seeker, but with the laser Mavs I can't self-lase anything.

Thank you for your help!

You are watching OLD videos. Things have changed as explained here:

tldr:

You can  not self-lase for AGM-65E but you must load AGM-65/E2

You cannot have Maverick video (F or E) at the same time as TPOD video.

This updated video shows procedure for the AGM-65E/2 (Can't find an updated video for AGM-65F at the moment, but I know I saw one

This video shows the new procedure for the AGM-65F:

:

Edited by Recluse

Thanks for the help and thank you for the videos!  I guess I have some learning to do again. 

When did this change?  I haven't seen anything about an update on the in-game news ticker.  It's a bit surprising and frustrating that a module with a learning curve this complex would have such a drastic change of procedures without offering a notification of some sort to the customer.

Edited by LowQualityHuman

5 minutes ago, LowQualityHuman said:

Thanks for the help and thank you for the videos!  I guess I have some learning to do again. 

When did this change?  I haven't seen anything about an update on the in-game news ticker.  It's a bit surprising and frustrating that a module with a learning curve this complex would have such a drastic change of procedures without offering a notification of some sort to the customer.

It was in the last big Open Beta:

The notification was in the forum post I linked to above.  Yeah, I know it shouldn't be necessary to frequent the forums and Discords and Youtube channels to get this kind of critical change, but that is where we are currently.

DCS 2.7.4.9632 Open Beta

(22-Jul-2021)

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM Simulations

• Added: AGM-65E2.
  • Updated: AGM-65 restrictions and limitations.
  • Updated: MPCD brightness, video gain and contrast control. Note: MPCD brightness, gain, symb and contrast keybinds must be done again.
  • Updated: ROUTE Navigation.
  • Updated: NASSAM SAM system added to RWR library.
  • Improved: Sensor Select Switch (SSS) logic and keybinds. Note: SSS keybinds must be done again.

Edited by Recluse

• myHelljumper changed the title to [NO BUG] Harrier TPOD vs Maverick Seeker Video Display Problem
  • 2 years later...

DCS AV-8B N/A by RAZBAM Simulations

• Added: AGM-65E2.
  • Updated: AGM-65 restrictions and limitations.
  • Updated: MPCD brightness, video gain and contrast control. Note: MPCD brightness, gain, symbol and contrast key-binds must be done again.
  • Updated: ROUTE Navigation.
  • Updated: NASSAM SAM system added to RWR library.
  • Improved: Sensor Select Switch (SSS) logic and key-binds. Note: SSS key-binds must be done again

under special tabs for MFCD's the new control for setting the contrast brightness doesnt work.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||