Trees

baksie

Does BS has the same trees as FC ?

Can the KA50 fly through those trees without damage ?

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

You can tweak the tree's slightly (well you can in FC so I assume it will work in BS) by installing some comunity mods.

I currently have an opacity mod and texture replacements. Makes the tree's look a lot better...still doesn't stop you flying through them though!

Then again if you were a tree would you honestly want to stop a KA-50 that was bearing down on you? No your likely to phase shift into another dimension for a few seconds until it's flown past/through. ED knows this is what is likely to happen and have moddled it accordingly.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not sure "hiding behind trees" is truely a part of any real heli-ops doctrine anyway...

Looks good in photo's and movies, but I rather imagine 99% of KA50 ops will be done from over 500 feet ?

Well it is, take Bo-105 f.e., or AH-64D with Longbow radar installed on top. Crews of both types are trained to use line of trees in a different way as tactical advantage.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I'm not sure "hiding behind trees" is truely a part of any real heli-ops doctrine anyway...

Looks good in photo's and movies, but I rather imagine 99% of KA50 ops will be done from over 500 feet ?

Is there much point in it being a helecopter if your operating over 500ft?

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm sure it would play havoc on your cpu if it had to calculate each individual tree as a collidable structure. I could be wrong, but I would assume each tree would need it's own equations. I'll treat the trees as "collidable" and avoid hitting them. But if I stlip into a vortex ring or decend too fast, I'll have a few fractions of a second sooner to recover from it before I hit the ground ;).

Problem is that the current trees are not solid objects. They have not viewblock. AI can see you, but you cannot see them. And if you climbing over an hill with trees on the top, they can see you earlier then you can see them.

It's not making pop-up manuevers impossible...but less effective.

Well it is, take Bo-105 f.e., or AH-64D with Longbow radar installed on top. Crews of both types are trained to use line of trees in a different way as tactical advantage.

Fair enough, makes sense with a mast mounted radar.

KA-50 though, doesnt seem particularly suited to pop-up attacks.

Still, just my uninformed opinion!