15 FPS BOOSTED IN DCS VR WITH THIS

MY SYSTEM 3950X CPU NVIDIA 2080 TI OC 11G CARD  32G SYSTEM MEM I'm not savvy to explain it all I did change the sharpness setting to 1.0 in the supplied config file and wow i got a awesome sharp screen in my Reverb HP i use the standalone reg version of 2.7

4 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

MY SYSTEM 3950X CPU NVIDIA 2080 TI OC 11G CARD  32G SYSTEM MEM I'm not savvy to explain it all I did change the sharpness setting to 1.0 in the supplied config file and wow i got a awesome sharp screen in my Reverb HP i use the standalone reg version of 2.7

From what I can tell the video is basically saying to install OpenVR_FSR from https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr/releases 

I didn't know this supported DCS! Have you given this a go - are you saying that you got a 15fps boost in VR on your HP!? If so - that's extremely impressive!

Edited by Dangerzone

18 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

From what I can tell the video is basically saying to install OpenVR_FSR from https://github.com/fholger/openvr_fsr/releases 

I didn't know this supported DCS! Have you given this a go - are you saying that you got a 15fps boost in VR on your HP!? If so - that's extremely impressive!

Yes I gave it a Go and I got 15 FPS more with it then without it. Sharpness of the VR Image was Way better to as I said I bumped it up in the Provided Config file they give you set at 0.9 to 1.0 I thought this will not work with DCS and I can just rename my Openvr dll file back and no big deal but Wow it worked for me.

I tried it as well: I simply moved the .dll over without changing anything (except for making a backup obviously).

The frametimes do indeed seem smoother, and there does seem to be a framerate bump (depending on what's on screen at the time).

It also seems to apply a weird sharpening filter. On the Normandy map it would take some getting used to, but the performance increase is there indeed... 🤔

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I'll be watching this with interest. I'm using the universal shader mod (which as I understand doesn't change any DCS files - so there's no risk of an integrity check violation) - but from what I can tell, this replaces one of the DCS files in the BIN directory. Have you had any issues with integrity checks on multiplayer servers?

I for one don’t fly on public MP servers, but I could check the server screen later to check if there are issues with IC.

*edit*
I checked the MP screen, and it says IC is passed with the mod applied.

Edited by Raven (Elysian Angel)
addendum
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hello, you should have a look here :

Globally, you win fps because your game is rendering picture at a lower resolution than target resolution (at the opposite of SS), then FSR is doing upscaling to increase resolution + sharpen to fix some blurring introduced by upscaling. So if you do not want to loose details, you should keep at least game rendering resolution as your HMD resolution. It's a less costly way to do SuperSampling. If currently you are not doing SS, you will loose details (lower game rendering resolution), sharpen will not create missing information. And sharpen introduce jaggies, also. I did not check if performrance of FSR sharpen is better than with universal shader mod, maybe it's best to have FSR at 100% + sharpen than this mod. But unlike  my mod, it's a global sharpen, you can not have different factors for cockpit, external,  Hud, MFD,...

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't work for me... tried with the 0.5 setting (because I wanted to see a performance gain at first) and basically, all it does is halve the rendering resolution for absolutely no fps gain at all. If I halve it in SteamVR (actually, just take a quarter there) or DCS instead, I get the same picture, but also more fps...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This in my view, no offence, is just error chasing for the VR utopia, without actually knowing what it is supposed to look like.

Fix your headset refresh rate, use ODT or OTT to fix the app refresh rate / fps to a multiplier, for example, 30.

Crank up the DCS settings, leave pd to 1.0, if you have a Quest 2 (in the main the best res), leave it at max.

Finally turn ASW off.

badda bing - done

you'll never look back.

As for VR Utopia............................  leave it to the error chasers, find your acceptable 'expectation' of what you want, and leave it.

Edited by [WF]-Templar
  • Thanks 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG