Navigation/waypoint Bug

Nuggetz

Can remake it in Caucus and try again.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Solved one problem and (maybe) found another.Don't know about the OP but my earlier issue was that my TDC slew was so sensitive that I was unknowingly slewing the TDC after putting in the coordinates.  So that explains the difference between the TDC and the target diamond.

However.  (And again, this is doing all of this without the TGP).  When you slew the TDC in that manner ... it applies that change to ALL your waypoints/steerpoints.  So if my Waypoint 6 were back at home plate, after I had slewed the TDC at my previous target waypoint (knowingly or unknowingly) ... then when I cycle to home plate I will see the target diamond on the airfield ... but the TDC box will be slewed the same amount and direction as what I had put in at the target steerpoint.  Is there a way to zero out the TDC cursor?  I tried TMS aft short and long with the HUD SOI and FCR as SOI and none of that worked.  I see a way to undesignate in the manual but that is regarding the TGP.  Even if I make a completely new steerpoint after the fact and cycle to it, it will still show that difference between the TDC and target diamond for the location.

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

It's not "target diamond". Diamond is the navigation destination symbol. Target designation is a box with a dot in it.

What slews get applied should depend on if you're in AG mode or NAV mode. In AG the slews adjust the destination-steerpoint offset. In NAV slews are biases to the navigation solution but I don't think that's in yet. It would be for nav position updates. The HSD destination and flight plan for example shouldn't be slewing about.

The place to zero cursor slews is the "CZ" command which in this version should appear on the TGP page and the FCR STBY (and other radar AG) page. Unfortunately the FCR STBY page doesn't have it in DCS yet so it's only possible with the TGP carried.

Yes cursor slews are global so all SPIs will be offset by the same amount in AG mode. You could see the difference between destination and SPI by looking at the DEST and STPT DED pages but DEST isn't in yet. Also I believe the "CZ" should highlight reverse video when slews are non-zero in this variant but I'm not 100% on that.

11 hours ago, Frederf said:

It's not "target diamond". Diamond is the navigation destination symbol. Target designation is a box with a dot in it.

What slews get applied should depend on if you're in AG mode or NAV mode. In AG the slews adjust the destination-steerpoint offset. In NAV slews are biases to the navigation solution but I don't think that's in yet. It would be for nav position updates. The HSD destination and flight plan for example shouldn't be slewing about.

The place to zero cursor slews is the "CZ" command which in this version should appear on the TGP page and the FCR STBY (and other radar AG) page. Unfortunately the FCR STBY page doesn't have it in DCS yet so it's only possible with the TGP carried.

Yes cursor slews are global so all SPIs will be offset by the same amount in AG mode. You could see the difference between destination and SPI by looking at the DEST and STPT DED pages but DEST isn't in yet. Also I believe the "CZ" should highlight reverse video when slews are non-zero in this variant but I'm not 100% on that.

So the bottom line is "Working as intended" ... and the ways to rectify it (if you are not carrying a TGP at least) are not implemented yet.  Note to self ... put in significant deadzone on the TDC cursor control.  heh.  

Topgun505

On 8/20/2021 at 5:09 AM, Topgun505 said:

Note to self ... put in significant deadzone on the TDC cursor control.  heh.  

Yes, that's always the first thing I post when people are having trouble with SPI or designating targets with the TGP. It's definitely not obvious.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

The issue that @Nuggetzis experiencing is that the range / steerpoint isn't updated unless you switch to another steerpoint and back.

In the attached track you can see that when I enter the same coordinates as @Nuggetzthe range changes to the "correct" range of 001. However this range seems to be a default range that is updated as soon as I press Enter for latitude. 

If I enter coordinates that are further away the real issue becomes apparent; the range is still 001 and will stay that way until you change to another steerpoint and back.   

I believe this is something that has been an issue for along time, it then got fixed a few updates back and have now returned with the latest update. 

Steerpoint.trk