Hydraulic Pump

dresoccer4

just loaded up this bird in most recent version and pumped the hydraulic handle, but the HYD. PRESS gauge just jumps up for a split second then back down no matter how many times i pump. 

Is this normal? I'm following chuck's guide and it doesn't mention this behavior. 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

It does that if the flap handle is in UP position (which it is by default at the beginning of every mission). Every spike of pressure generated by the manual pump is sucked dry back to zero by flaps retraction system.

It's intended behaviour since the module release (although I wish they added smoother pressure gauge needle animation at last...).

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

7 minutes ago, Art-J said:

It does that if the flap handle is in UP position (which it is by default at the beginning of every mission). Every spike of pressure generated by the manual pump is sucked dry back to zero by flaps retraction system.

It's intended behaviour since the module release (although I wish they added smoother pressure gauge needle animation at last...).

yep i just figured that out. it wasn't really explained in the guide until a little later on. thanks

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

I cant figure it out.

If I kill the engine in flight I still have pressure.

If I "program" a hydraulic pump failure in the mission editor I lose pressure, but cant lower the gear more than 45 degrees, no matter how much "rocking" or diving I do.

Flaps in neutral.

Then they tell you to put the gear in neutral... can't find a keybind for that. 🤨

How do you guys do it?  

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

• 1 year later...

Used my weekend to learn P-47 and noticed the same thing. It seems like either the system is broken, or the in-game tutorial needs to be updated not to set flaps in "up" position during the initial start-up procedure. Also the needle movement seems to be bugged. It jumps between 0 and middle position and that's all (no animation between).