Playing this campaign..

Hi, I just bought and started this campaign. 

The briefing materials are out-freaking-standing. Bravo zulu. Wow.

In mission one I hit this bit of a roadblock:

I fly in VR, so quickly jotting down a bunch of coords is not an option. I rather not share GPU/CPU cycles with an external utility to have a scratchpad in the pit. Conveniently, the mission script puts the coords in a text window... *for a short bit of time*. You can also ask for a repeat using the F10 radio. Nice. But only *once*. If one has not rammed the coords correctly into the scratchpad in the scant seconds allowed by aging brain and mission design, it's the re-fly button baby!

I am quite sure it's not all that hard to keep the text window on screen until the signal is given that the coords are entered and good to go. In the meantime, I'll pause and scribble, lifting the headset.

Cheers, schurem

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

22 minutes ago, schurem said:

Hi, I just bought and started this campaign. 

The briefing materials are out-freaking-standing. Bravo zulu. Wow.

In mission one I hit this bit of a roadblock:

I fly in VR, so quickly jotting down a bunch of coords is not an option. I rather not share GPU/CPU cycles with an external utility to have a scratchpad in the pit. Conveniently, the mission script puts the coords in a text window... *for a short bit of time*. You can also ask for a repeat using the F10 radio. Nice. But only *once*. If one has not rammed the coords correctly into the scratchpad in the scant seconds allowed by aging brain and mission design, it's the re-fly button baby!

I am quite sure it's not all that hard to keep the text window on screen until the signal is given that the coords are entered and good to go. In the meantime, I'll pause and scribble, lifting the headset.

Cheers, schurem

Hi schurem, I only fly in VR and have tested all missions with this very much in mind.  I thought I had the coords accessible multiple times in mission 1, I'll double check and update if not.  Hopefully you'll not find this as an issue through the campaign, its something I've been very aware of as a VR user so hopefully you'll find it quite user friendly in this regard.

I passed the mission with flying colours (78 score, not too shabby eh) even if one of my LGB's went wild (user error) and I had to lob the iron bomb in for the timed attack. Your scripting and voice acting is very good indeed. I love the tightness of it all. But the chatter on the way in and out is top notch as well. Looking forward to the rest of the campaign.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

I thought I had the coords accessible multiple times in mission 1, I'll double check and update if not.

I think it'd be best if the option to "say again coords" would be re-added after use. Jotting down long strings of numbers perfectly is a skill I'd never thought would be crucial to doing the fighter pilot thing, but it's sure fun to pull off 😄

Edited by schurem
  • Thanks 1

Just flew flight 2. Another top notch effort on the briefing materials. I actually found this actually an easier flight than the previous one, but a much more tense one. Very well written, kudos!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The one with the boats was hard as heck. Night is so dark, and the NVG's do not really help. I could not use the gun and only managed to kill any of them by loading some APKWS before takeoff and picking them off with the pod.

1 hour ago, schurem said:

The one with the boats was hard as heck. Night is so dark, and the NVG's do not really help. I could not use the gun and only managed to kill any of them by loading some APKWS before takeoff and picking them off with the pod.

Yeah it is really hard...harder than intended to be honest, NVGs effectiveness was nerfed during development so ad it harder than it originally was.