Communicate with ground crew without power on/ battery on

gonvise

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, if you manually switch to ICS and use Aux?

is Aux TX5?

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

19 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Hmmm, if you manually switch to ICS and use Aux?

is Aux TX5?

No. Aux is TX6. TX5 is "Interphone" per the VAICOM manual, which in the Tomcat is the same as ICS. So use TX5 (or TX4, which is "AUTO") to talk to ground crew, same as talking to Jester.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Setting the ICS to Hot in the F14 and simply talking seems to work, even before turning ground power on.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | Gigabyte X570-Aorus Ultra | Gigabyte GeForce 4090 | Samsung C34F791 | Varjo Aero | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | too many flight controllers...

On 9/16/2021 at 9:31 PM, sthompson said:

No. Aux is TX6. TX5 is "Interphone" per the VAICOM manual, which in the Tomcat is the same as ICS. So use TX5 (or TX4, which is "AUTO") to talk to ground crew, same as talking to Jester.

Ok, alot to learn in Vaicom.

Are Hind pilots setting up their own voice activated profile for communicating with Petrovic?

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Ok, alot to learn in Vaicom.
Are Hind pilots setting up their own voice activated profile for communicating with Petrovic?
Yes. Currently.
If you have same joystick bound in VoiceAttack, you can assign the hat (just remember to enable the POV) functions for long and short presses. But hopefully we'll get a native VAICOM solution.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, MAXsenna said:

Yes. Currently.
If you have same joystick bound in VoiceAttack, you can assign the hat (just remember to enable the POV) functions for long and short presses. But hopefully we'll get a native VAICOM solution. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Really hoping Vaicom do so, in the interim I think I will have a go at doing it myself with this superb programme.