System Target While in TWS is Solid White

Lowlyslows

Hey guys!

I searched but didn't find anything on the above. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

I have been reading Chuck's Guide on the F16 with regards to the Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode. I setup three MIG29s flying towards me about 35nm from my F16 co-altitude in the mission editor and ran it. I set the radar to TWS and I can see the search targets when the radar does its first sweep and by the 2nd sweep they turn into track targets. Following Chuck's guide, I set the radar cursor over a track target and TMS up which should cause the track target to transition to a system target. However, there is no change in symbology, nothing happens. If I TMS up again then the track target turns into a bugged target (circle around a solid white square). If, however, I TMS up (ONCE) on all 3 track targets (symbology still shows track target for all 3 after I do this) I am then able to cycle between the "indicated" track targets with TMS right turning them (one at a time) into a bugged target (again, circle around a solid white square). I can ripple 3x120s and bring them down. 

I hope this makes sense. Anyone else have this issue? I attached an image.

Thanks for the help!

TWS.PNG

• Like 2

• ED Team

Hi, 

this is heavily work in progress at the moment and will be changing as we progress. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

this is heavily work in progress at the moment and will be changing as we progress. 

thank you

Bignewy, 

Thanks for the response. I assume this is a known issue. Can still fly the 16 so no worries! Great module even in it's current state. 

You guys brought simulators to a whole other level.

Thanks