Trim Trouble (repost from other forum/topic)

SQINTO
Go to solution Solved by SQINTO,

Having EXACTLY the same issue you have described, trim having zero effect even though visually it moves in the cockpit & on the aircraft but it doesn't affect the trajectory of flight in the slightest, also playing in VR with a Reverb G2 & an X56. I have tried everything, bound it to an axis then bound it to a hat switch & even tried keyboard input. Nothing. Other than this everything works fine. It surely can't be a VR thing, can it? Strange.

Edited by Krill

Think I've solved this, if you have any other controllers attached to your machine (I have a Logitech G29 steering wheel)

In the control options menu for the Mossie click the dropdown box for any other controller you have (apart from your stick & throttle) & select 'clear all categories' even if you have no key binds at all in there, then hit the dropdown again & select 'disabled'.

This seemed to activate my trim controls in the Mossie. 

Even if you have other usb inputs attached & they are already disabled in DCS still follow the steps above, my steering wheel was already 'disabled' in DCS but unchecking 'disabled' then clearing all categories then rechecking 'disabled' again worked.

Not sure about the reason for it but it worked for me.

Hope this helps.

This aircraft is impossible to trim and the observed effects of trimming are wonky. I am using a warthog joystick and have trim both on the throttle slider and on the joystick trimhat. I set the trim sensitivity of the hat to 0,25 as per previous post.

I have experience with trimming aircraft both in IL2 ad MSFS2020 so I am aware of the theory.

The aircraft goes either into a severe pitch up or pitch down when aplying trim. I have to constantly correct with the joystick. I try to keep the plane level by using the elevator and wait for the speed to stabilize and then add trim in an attempt to stay level. I have never managed anything better then a steady (short while) of 200 ft.minute rise. The aircraft then starts to pitch down. Do nothing, not touching joystick or trim it will go into a steep dive with the v/s of the scale.

I correct the plane again to more or less level flight using the joystick. Plane goes again into a dive. When the plane dives the speed increases(duh) but the plane does not start to climb. I start applying nose up trim. It climbs a bit then continues to dive. Add three or four times up trim and the plane goes all of a sudden in a steep climb  with 2 to 3000 feet per minute. I this case the speed decreases but the planes nose does not come down until stall speed is reached. I haven't tried it but I wouldn't be surprised if you can loop the plane with just using trim up.

This is unplayble for me. Formation flying is impossible this way and I am constantly battling the plane. This is no fun. If anyone has a video or track that shows how to trim this beast? Otherwise I say the trim behaviour needs to be checked out. This plane is shelved until playable.