Expanded Chaff Adapter for the tunnel

BreaKKer

Had this on my mind for the past week or so, and realized it wasn't on the roadmap. Seeing as how it is a late development part of the F-14, I'm sure there isn't the largest amount of information about it. For those unaware, 
"The [Expanded Chaff Adapter] ECA is placed in the position of the LAU-93 missile launcher (usually used for the AIM-54 missile or bomb racks) and can carry an extra pack of chaff and flare decoys. These additional chaffs and flares are used for self protection on especially critical missions such as a TARPS flights over enemy terrain. It is commonly used in addition to the AN/ALQ-167 ECM Pod."f14-detail-eca-01l.jpgf14-detail-eca.gifIf this could potentially make it in with the TARPS whenever that is added, that would be awesome

Edited by BreaKKer
  • Like 1

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

I'm guessing those would come with the TARPS pod? 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

13 hours ago, captain_dalan said:

I'm guessing those would come with the TARPS pod? 

They can be put on the Phoenix rails without the TARPs being there, if that makes sense

• Like 1

BreaKKer

Possibly. Don't know how the wiring works for that thing and how it hooks up with the rest of the systems. I mean DCS implementation wise though. I  guess HB will implement it as part of the TARPS. 

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

30 minutes ago, captain_dalan said:

Possibly. Don't know how the wiring works for that thing and how it hooks up with the rest of the systems. I mean DCS implementation wise though. I  guess HB will implement it as part of the TARPS. 

It’s not a part of the TARPs pod itself, snd is independent from it

BreaKKer

If we do this it'll likely be at the same time as an eventual TARPS pod. Even if possible to use without the TARPS most, if not all, photos I've seen of it is with the TARPS. Probably because you'd likely not want to sacrifice a fuselage rail just for this on other missions or that it wasn't felt like the additional chaff was needed.

From what I recall it was activated via the normal stores release button as it was loaded on a weapons rail but I could be wrong.

Edited by Naquaii
  • Like 3

Is the AN/ALQ-167 coming with TARPS? At least for decoration?

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

16 hours ago, Uxi said:

Is the AN/ALQ-167 coming with TARPS? At least for decoration?

I’d guess not, since the EW model in DCS is basically non existent. Not sure how it would add onto the ALQ-126 internally

BreaKKer