New to Reverb g2 issues

RvL

Im not having this issue with the popup screen anymore.

Wish i had just that instead of the stutters.

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

23 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

"Reinstall Windows" is a horrible solution...

Actually, maybe I'll use that as my go-to answer when someone at work complains about any software that I support 😄

but it's always a good one.  If a pc gives me a hassle, I give it a good pressure wash with a syswipe and take it from there.  I'd rather take a couple of days reinstalling everything and then configging it than to waste weeks on something only to syswipe it anyhow.   I keep a W10 usb stick in my pocket just in case I feel the urge to do it 😉

I'd recommend to the OP to reinstall W10 and update it all the way and THEN do WMR, SteamVR and DCS. 

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

33 minutes ago, DerekSpeare said:

I'd recommend to the OP to reinstall W10 and update it all the way and THEN do WMR, SteamVR and DCS. 

Done that already going to Windows 11, and going back to 10 and again going back to 11 right now. Clean installs. Makes no difference.

Only thing i havent tried is installing wmr/steamvr on my SSD where i only have DCS installed on. 

After that i think i have tried everything software wise.

And to make it clear again. Steamvr Cliffhouse works fine, the WMR VR cabin also. 

As soon as a game starts the stutters appear.

Edited by RvL

MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus - Ryzen 5 5600x - RTX3070 - 32GB Ram - HP Reverb G2 - Warthog HOTAS - VKB rudder pedals

I have same issues. Have you tried using "FPSVR" to see where your FPS is being lost..CPU/GPU? It is a good program and provides frametimes etc. 

I also moved from rift s to G2 on DCS. I think its something to do with reprojection but have never resolved it.....in the end went back to 2D and trackir...... hoping the promised multi core / performance update will fix it. 

Edited by funkster

47 minutes ago, funkster said:

I have same issues. Have you tried using "FPSVR" to see where your FPS is being lost..CPU/GPU? It is a good program and provides frametimes etc. 

I also moved from rift s to G2 on DCS. I think its something to do with reprojection but have never resolved it.....in the end went back to 2D and trackir...... hoping the promised multi core / performance update will fix it. 

Have you tried turn off your UAC in windows 10?

Best guess, that sounds like Windows UAC (User Account Control) getting permission / consent to modify the settings.

Someone said that starting SteamVR as administrator should work. Haven't been able to verify yet.

redit forums.

re

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

7 hours ago, funkster said:

Have you ever been able to normally use the G2? Or has it always been a stuttery mess since the beginning for you?

I do not think the vulkan update will fix this problem since its user depended and 99% of the g2 users do not have our problem.

And mine worked great untill i did a reinstall of windows and steamvr/wmr.

Edited by RvL

I dont have the permission pop up issue ...just the Stuttering.... Had it since beginning. 

I did have an issue with the G2 and AMD 570 Motherboard....i.e. Not connecting to any on board USB port so I have had to use a Hub as workaround. I  am now getting the new Rev2 Cable from HP which apparently solves this well documented problem.  I don't think this will resolve the stutters but thought I would mention. 

33 minutes ago, funkster said:

Have you also tried this?

Nope havent tried and on it now.

Just tried the Steamvr app 'steamvr performance test'. My screen is going everywhere with enormous stutters and in seeing 2 screens. On my monitor the test looks fluent. At the end it says my pc is more then enough for vr haha. 

I will report back after trying what you just posted Funkster.

Edit. Oke just checked it out. Had my registry key value already set at 0. Also all the other steps didnt make any difference

Edited by RvL

My fps seems to be stuck arround 60fps in the dcs homescreen and when playing its just above 30.

25 minutes ago, funkster said:

A friend of mine deleted his Monitor.LUA (s) and said that helped. Didnt do anything for me but worth a shot. As I said I couldnt get mine to perform at all so gave up waiting for new fixes. Open XR , Multi Thread etc. 

In willing to try everything to be able to enjoy DCS in VR again.

Who knows its related. My monitor is a 1080 60hz tv..

1 hour ago, RvL said:

In willing to try everything to be able to enjoy DCS in VR again.

Who knows its related. My monitor is a 1080 60hz tv..

Where to find these lua's? Cant find them

They are in the folder ...Config / MonitorSetup.  You will find these in your DCS main folder and possibly in your Saved Games\DCS folder (If you have modded etc). 

As i said it didnt do nothing for me but an another users found it resolved his issues as he was using a file with UI Exports in it. 

6 hours ago, funkster said:

They are in the folder ...Config / MonitorSetup.  You will find these in your DCS main folder and possibly in your Saved Games\DCS folder (If you have modded etc). 

As i said it didnt do nothing for me but an another users found it resolved his issues as he was using a file with UI Exports in it. 

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately... you might can guess it, it didnt help.

Tomorrow im going to try my father in law his g2 to see if that makes any difference.

If my father in law his G2 is also causing the same stutters on my system the only last guess i can think of is the motherboard/usb that there is some kind incompatibility with the G2 and maybe a powered usb hub might work..

If that still isnt im totally done with it. Have put an tremendous amount of precious time into troubleshooting, and its not making any sense at all.

From what i see online about the cables. Im having the V2 cable with the little box where you connect the powercable into.

I did try pcie gen 3, gen 4, auto in the bios.

My father in law has also a powered usb 3 hub. So later today im going to borrow it and try. Fingers crossed.

Edit: checking some more pics abour the V1 cable i see that one also has that box where the powercable connects, but looks more rectangle then the v2 which is square.

I think mine is square, but not sure and i aint home untill later today to check it.

Edited by RvL

I have the v2.

I tried my father in law his g2, same problems.

I tried his usb powered hub. Same problems.

Now my really last try is going back to a previous bios version to see if that makes a difference. If not i will have to send back my motherboard and try another one.

Edit: tried it all, no difference. Going to contact my motherboard supplier to return it. 

Edited by RvL

sorry to hear but at least you know. 

To be honest this is why I ended going back to TrackIR , it was such a time soak. I also tried everything (like you) but no joy. I guess it must be some random configuration. 

I assume that you are already running the ryzen with a SMT off profile or Game mode? Again I tried this and not much difference.

Just FYI / Good Post - 

Edited by funkster

1 hour ago, funkster said:

sorry to hear but at least you know. 

To be honest this is why I ended going back to TrackIR , it was such a time soak. I also tried everything (like you) but no joy. I guess it must be some random configuration. 

I assume that you are already running the ryzen with a SMT off profile or Game mode? Again I tried this and not much difference.

Just FYI / Good Post - 

Yes it quite frustrating and not making any sense whats causing this. I did try smt on and off, same about gamemode.

Now in the end i concluded it must be the motherboard.

Cause with my old motherboard the G2 worked fine. And since i had to change it the issues started. By testing my Rift S which still works great even with the new motherboard but the G2 doesnt. Even my father in law his G2 doesnt work on my pc and works great on his own.

Im pretty positive that another motherboard, and i dont know which yet will work with the G2.

But what exactly this is causing it, is still a mystery.

At the moment im waiting for a reply of the retailer.

Edited by RvL

let us know....

I tried mine again today after getting the new V2 cable. No joy still..... Cant get any FPS above 32 on my test mission ...no matter how low I put SS or PD or settings etc.. It could be a pixelated mess but still 32 fps...its like it is locked! I have an ASUS Prime X570 Pro motherboard with 3950x and 2080ti ...not the best but still should be getting much better ....Just cant work it out , have tried everything! 

20 hours ago, funkster said:

let us know....

I tried mine again today after getting the new V2 cable. No joy still..... Cant get any FPS above 32 on my test mission ...no matter how low I put SS or PD or settings etc.. It could be a pixelated mess but still 32 fps...its like it is locked! I have an ASUS Prime X570 Pro motherboard with 3950x and 2080ti ...not the best but still should be getting much better ....Just cant work it out , have tried everything! 

Yeah really weird. And sounds like the same issue im having.

You should indeed be having a better vr experience then just getting 32fps. 

Im still waiting for a reply. In the meanwhile no idea how long its gonna take them, i will be enjoying my rift s again. Glad i didnt already sold it.

Im still in contact with my supplier.

Today i formatted my DCS SSD and again reinstalled WMR and SteamVR and DCS open beta.

Weird thing is my fps in the DCS menus is again at 90fps. Getting in a flight and unfortunately the big stutters are still there. Fps is going somewhere between 40 and 60.

Looking up unto the sky before the problems started it went to 90fps. Now its stuck at plus minus 60fps.

Rift S still working great. But the downgrade in resolution doesnt feel right. I want my G2 performance back!

Tomorrow im going to demand a new motherboard!