Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals toe brakes inverted

Solbaru

I Have been using these pedals for over a year just fine but this week the toe brakes are working inverted.

I have checked the controls configuration and the invert check box is ticked, I have tried every setting to change this but they are always the opposite of what they should be.

I have tried a repair, unplugged everything else, re-installed the drivers.

I have x-plane 11 on my pc and that still works fine, its just DCS.

dcs.log

That's sort of what the invert check box is for: to change how the hardware signal is being interpreted by the software. Repairs, reconnecting the pedals, or fiddling with drivers won't change that: the hardware sends the signal it sends; the software interprets it the way it is told to interpret it. That's all as it should be.

Or are you saying that the checkbox doesn't work? That the results are the same irrespective of whether the box is ticked or not?

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

That's what I'm saying the checkbox is not working.

Its odd, checking the invert checkbox reverses the x axis but the input from the toe brakes reverses as well.

checked or unchecked the toe brakes are fully on without the toe brakes depressed.

Edited by Solbaru

On 10/7/2021 at 2:10 AM, Solbaru said:

have now tried everything I can think of to fix, short of removing and reinstalling DCS.

The chances of that changing anything are close to nil — this is something that is happening in the hardware or in your binds.

You can see if it helps to (temporarily) rename your local input directory (%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input) in case there's something that has gone wrong with them on a more universal level, or you can try the reset as mentioned above.

Can you post a picture of what the axis tune screen looks like for the pedals in one of the modules affected?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

Yeah I did rename the input folder and tried and it was the same. The invert check box changes the direction of the X axis but the input from the toe brakes reversed with it. Is the same for every module I own.

Not home atm but will post some photos tomorrow.

As I said, I can use the rudder pedals in X-Plane and they work perfectly. It is only DCS.

Edited by Solbaru