Iwo Jima?

TacitBlue

With the addition of the nine uninhabited volcanic islands extending the Marianas Island Chain 600km further north could there be the chance that the main island of Iwo Jima (as well as the volcanic islands of North and South Iwo Jima) gets added to the map? I believe that the inclusion of Iwo Jima would be a boon overall as it adds in the modern day, a JMSDF airfield that is also used by the USN's Carrier Air Wing Five, and needless to say it adds another very important area of operations for the future WWII-version of the map.

• Like 2

Sky FARP?... Just kidding. But if we ever get WWII air craft carriers, making a rendezvous with one to refuel could add a nice touch for a mission builder.

Would adding another 500 km of water be too much performance wise? You would think not when compared to maps with land detail, but then again with waves and reflections and what not, I'm not sure. I would love to see a map that covers from Paris to Berlin, but we all know that isn't ever going to happen.  

• 2 weeks later...

For us Japanese, the addition of Iwo Jima is a joyous occasion. If you are familiar with the Pacific War, you will not be unfamiliar with it. The addition of this island, which was the scene of such fierce battles that even the U.S. Navy has named it as a class leader for Amphibious assault ship, will greatly expand the range of World War II missions in the DCS. Since there are already many U.S. landing force assets in DCS, simply adding Japanese assets to the game will help recreate a realistic battlefield. This will be a great experience for the P-47s and P-51s that are already in the game, as well as for the F4U-1s that will be added in the future.

For Japanese players who have been fighting on foreign maps, the addition of their own territory is a long-cherished wish, and we look forward to the efforts of ED's creators.

Edited by Admiral_ZIPANGU
  • Like 14

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.