AB detent switch such as in F/A-18

ghashpl

Hello,

F/A-18 got a key (called "Throttle Finger Lift (Both) - UP/DOWN") which will enable AB only if it's pressed.

In F-16 we have only toggle key (called "Cycle Afterburner Deten - ON/OFF") which cycle enable/disable AB.

I in the middle of the fight I usually don't know if it's enable or disabled so I need to cycle both throttle and AB detent switch.

Would be nice to have that option from F/A-18 in F-16.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • ED Team

detent support has been requested internally, as a DCS core feature in controls to help users configure detents with hardware, but I have no news to share currently. 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

detent support has been requested internally, as a DCS core feature in controls to help users configure detents with hardware, but I have no news to share currently. 

Perhaps adding an indicator to the throttle curve mapping as well.  That way people can move a throttle to Mil and adjust the curve as needed to set the tripping point to AB.  Just another option to think about.

• Like 2