Improved Brake Control to Help Take-offs.

Tea-Pig

If your joystick doesn't have a convenient axis for brake control then this might help. Took me a little while to figure this out so I thought it was worth sharing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

Thanks for that. 

I was not aware how good were the capabilities of those programs and you has opened up a whole new world for me.  :notworthy:

I think one of the obvious things Mosquito needs is a two speed elevator trim;

• short pov button press for a slow and very small increment
  • longer press for the default movement which is way too fast for fine adjustments.

This should be possible, so I'm off to try and learn some new stuff today.  :book:

Edited by Terry Dactil

I don't see why the same technique would not work for trims, or indeed anything else that would benefit from a ramped start. I'm a newcomer to Gremlin myself, and indeed to DCS too (prospect of a Mossie hooked me in). Never really felt the need for fancy joystick management with IL2 but DCS is a whole different beast. I just got a warthog throttle specially for the Mossie (split throttles) and the eclectic selection of locking switches is making me learn more Gremlin tricks.

R7-7800x3d, Asus TufRTX4090, 32G Corsair 6GHz DDR5, Reverb G2, Motion Rig (home made), Sidewinder FFB Stick, Crosswind Pedals

On 11/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, Tea-Pig said:

If your joystick doesn't have a convenient axis for brake control then this might help. Took me a little while to figure this out so I thought it was worth sharing.

Looks interesting, however I use TH Warthog.... I havent this software.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Appears to be free @YoYo and works with any joystick according to its webpage.  I have a Warthog myself and intend to try this and the elevator trim idea too.  Using a trim buttom to map to a slider axis sounds like an excellent solution.

Don't want to include a link in case that contravenes the forum rules but a quick google found the site as its top response.

VFRHawk

I've got a Warthog too, at least the throttle half of it, but I've also got devices from the likes of Crosswind and Logitech so I decided to invest my time in learning a software that can talk to any device rather than Target which appears only to be interested in Thrustmaster products.

• Like 1

Hi,

I too have been learning to fly the Mosquito and needed to come up with a solution to the British brake issue- without it it is REALLY hard to taxi as braking is pretty much all or nothing when using the full TMWH HOTAS setup (stick/throttle/TPRs). My throttles are modded with this analog TDC mini-joystick (https://deltasimelectronics.com/) and I found that by setting it up to only apply up to 40% braking, with a big dead zone, and using a custom curve that only uses one side of the TDC mini-stick throw (down, in my case), I now have the ability to "tap" the brakes just enough for steering using the TDC mini-stick, while using the F-16 Paddle switch on the warthog stick to apply full brakes when needed (I use the pinky switch, along with the paddle switch, to engage the parking brake).

Takes a little getting used to and tweaking the custom curves to get the correct amount of braking, but it is a LOT better than "all or nothing" or trying to use only one of the TPR pedals!

Vulture