Autopilot

Tango

* Dumb Question *

Do you fly with the AP modes enabled all the time, or only when you want them?

I find that if I hold the trimmer key down, it seems easier to control than not, and if I disable the AP functions, it seems to be more unstable (but I prefer that)?

What is the recommended configuration to fly in?

I've stopped using auto-hover now, too. ;) Seems it is a little buggy though (i.e. doesn't hold the hover properly).

Best regards,

Tango.

This has been answered so many times now and its in the FAQs, but anyway...

AP on, all modes engaged, height/altitude hold is considered optional. The trim when held down interupts the autopilot or autohover modes, when released the autopilot will hold the new heading/attitude.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Yes.

AP on, all modes engaged, height/altitude hold is considered optional.

And when I say all modes I mean all autopilot channels.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

Or you harden the ^&%$# up and turn 'em all off ;)

Not realistic as such as in rl they have to be on but if you like to fly for the fun of flying then it is much more fun to turn the damn things off. They do help you fly as an auto in a car helps you shift gears, can even be faster... but a stick shift is more fun :)

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

The interesting part is with the flight director and how you get the aircraft to follow way points automatically. Even after watching the nav movie, I havn't been able to figure this out yet. Using the mission editor, I setup four way points and have had no luck.

I guess I better RTFM some more.

The interesting part is with the flight director and how you get the aircraft to follow way points automatically. Even after watching the nav movie, I havn't been able to figure this out yet. Using the mission editor, I setup four way points and have had no luck.

I guess I better RTFM some more.

You have to select desired track or desired heading switch on the Auto-pilot panel. Then engage route mode to get the autopilot to fly to your selected waypoint from the PVI.

If the Flight Director is activated, the autopilot will give you diffrent advices on the HUD (like: Bank, Pitch, Altitude, Speed) how to steer the aircraft to the next waypoint selected in the PVI. In this mode you have to steer the aircraft manually! Not shure, but I think you should press and hold trim while steering the aircraft to the new settings?!

If you want the aircraft to follow the route automatically, Flight Director Mode should be deactivated.

DCS Rafale - please :thumbup:

You have to select desired track or desired heading switch on the Auto-pilot panel. Then engage route mode to get the autopilot to fly to your selected waypoint from the PVI.

Thanks Piper! I will read up on engaging route mode.