Mig-21 Activation after returning from a long break

Rincevent

Hi !

Not sure it is the right place to ask, so sorry if not the case.

I just returned to DCS from a long break (too long) and noticed I couldn't find my activation key for the MIG-21 anywhere.

I was part of the original Indiegogo campaign.

I noticed Leatherneck split into different entities. Is there a way I could retreive my key or do I have to buy it again ?

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, Rincevent said:

just returned to DCS from a long break (too long) and noticed I couldn't find my activation key for the MIG-21 anywhere.

the current DCS does not use activation keys for copy protection anymore, now it has an account based one, similar to Steam’s. You simply need to login to the Sim using the same user credentials that you used when you purchased your Mig-21. 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you for the reply.

That is what I did, and neither ED's website nor the DCS app shows the Mig 21 as a purchased product.

Here is my indiegogo page showing the contribution. As far as I remember in 2015 the Mig 21 was active on my account and I played largely with it but cannot find it anywhere now.
My DCS install is a fresh one.

Capture.jpg

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? Charles De Gaulle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you say that you had serial number for the MiG-21 and you played it, than please log in DCS profile (on main website) and click at the bottom left corner, in Licensing window (with option "View all licenses" selected) on a GO button. It should show you all your products and serial numbers for the ones that had them in the past. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

18 minutes ago, Hiromachi said:

If you say that you had serial number for the MiG-21 and you played it, than please log in DCS profile (on main website) and click at the bottom left corner, in Licensing window (with option "View all licenses" selected) on a GO button. It should show you all your products and serial numbers for the ones that had them in the past. 

Thank you.

Just checked that and it doesn't appear. However I just found the mail form leatherneck dating september 2014 with the key in it. Is there anyway I can activate the product by typing the key somewhere ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 minutes ago, Rincevent said:

Is there anyway I can activate the product by typing the key somewhere ?

I've never been in your situation, but you can try to enter the key here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/  it should look like this:

RNEEydB.jpg

If it does not work, then I suggest opening a support ticket here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I've never been in your situation, but you can try to enter the key here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/

If it does not work, then I suggest opening a support ticket here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Regards,

Eduardo

Thank you so much ! This has been most helpfull.

The licence check worked and the key is now correctly bound to my account. Downloading now !

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good stuff. Happy that you got it back 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7