Well done ED on Petrovich!

ataribaby

As my HTC VIVE VR head strap broke and I am waiting for wife to repair it with needle, I flew few last sorties completely as gunner just using AI Petrovich pilot. I was able to fly full mission from takeoff, attack and landing. It was quite fun. Well done ED!

Can't wait for Petrovich voiceovers.

• Like 4

There a few issues that need to be addressed and features that need to be added/ refined, but it certainly seems to be going in the right direction so far.  :thumbup:

Looking at Petrovich in the rear pilot seat, it would be nice if the Petrovich altitude setting changed more slowly initially, then increased in speed as you hold the long-up or long-down button press.  This would allow you to make small altitude adjustments.  Especially handy when you are trying to pop up just a few meters from behind cover, or duck down behind some cover, or when operating close to the ground.

I also think Petrovich is a little heavy handed with the cyclic, especially when moving around in the hover-transition mode.  Especially when going forward.

As you mentioned, I'm looking forward to the voiceovers for both orders and acknowledgements. 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2021 at 2:50 AM, admiki said:

I fly 99% of time in MP, so haven't tried Petrovich in back seat for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised how much better pilot he is now.

What's your steam name or discord name? I need to join you for a flight!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

On 12/30/2021 at 4:20 AM, hannibal said:

What's your steam name or discord name? I need to join you for a flight!

Sorry, I was on vacation. I mostly fly on BSD servers which are members only. We can try and arrange a flight on Rotorheads or similar server. Send me PM if interested.