Reverb G2 Grey screen

Mart57

Hi All

Im ready to give up. My G" was running great and all of a sudden started having issues with grey screen every time a try to load DCS. I am having a grey screen in g2 when loading into DCS or any racing game . I can play Half Life Alyx no bother at all in VR but it will not run DCS. I have followed all the guides and solutions and yesterday I took delivery of a new cable. The problem has persisted. I have uninstalled WMR and steam vr and removed all traces of drivers in software folders. Pc is running great, non vr games fine, im just really confused what has caused this 

I am running 11700k on win 11

3080ti Fe and 64g 3600 ddr4

also have 1000w corsair platinum power supply

Installs are on 3x sabrent rocket nvme

It is like something has changed. Is anyone else having this issue and have they found a solution

Try resetting your WMR environment.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I was getting this. Fixed it by clearing the environment data. There is also an option in Windows MR settings to turn off "fade to grey when positional tracking is lost" 

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

• 3 months later...

Hi,  Does anyone have a fix for this? I have exactly the same problem.  It did work ok then suddenly when I load up DCS and it goes to a grey screen.  It works fine with MSFS and when you are in the cloud rooms (or whatever they're called!) it initiates in SteamVR for WMR but as soon as the game loads I get the grey screen? The pc screen shows that there is no tracking on the headset i.e. no movement when you move the headset but I do get the sound.

Can anyone help me?

• 1 month later...

Ok so I figured out that it is a positional problem. If I reset the position from Steam VR, the gray area disappears and DCs is visible once again. But the position is invariably 2 meters too high above the cockpit. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust it. I've played DCS VR since 2016 and never had this problem. When I exit DCS, the floor in the Steam landscape is a eye height. Any tips would be very appreciated.