F-16 Flight Model Accuracy/ BFM Capabilities

geshabuL_
Go to solution Solved by TobiasA,

Hi there, my question is kinda self-explanatory. I am a bit out of the loop regarding the F-16 flight model improvements. I believe there were *some* adjustments made in the second half of 2021, though I do not remember how significant those were. So, are more changes to the FM to be expected in 2022 or does ED consider the work on the F-16's FM to be fully complete by now?

I am asking because I was surprised of how easily every single modern jet manages to get on my 6 in both 1 and 2 circle dogfights. I know the Viper is considered to be a great ratefighter (2C) and I *think* I am doing everything right, especially maintaining my speed, around 420-440kn in a sustained turn, yet I get killed over and over. I am by no means the best dogfighter, but frankly, neither are my friends, yet I always end up on the losing side whenever they get inside something different than an F-16.

This is why I decided to ask here, hoping that someone more experienced would clear things up, as well as getting some info on the state of the Viper's flight model accuracy. Any feedback is appreciated!

• Solution

It is work in progress, but no time frame was given.

The original post got deleted because people were taking it as fixed dates.

I would expect something in Q2/2022 (just a wild guess). Q1 is probably a bit optimistic, it seems to be more work than expected. However, rate fights are a guns only thing. I absolutely love it in a real fight when my enemy goes into a rate fight because I can then throw everything in my turn, point a 9X, suddenly be low and slow with sufficient room for a 9X and have him at full burner against the cold sky. It is about nose authority, and the 16 doesn't really excel with that.

However,  they announced improvements on instantaneous turn rates and an on speed AOA correction for landing speeds. So we will most probably see an improvement there when the fight gets slow and tight. Sustained turns aren't too far off at corner speed.

We will see what happens. 

Threads about the FM are a bit sensitive tho, since they tend to escalate...

• Like 3

• Wags locked this topic