AI Isn't Despawning After Landing, bugged since 2015!

Hi ED,

It seems as though an issue from way back is still here! It doesn't happen with all aircraft but the ones i have noticed it happen with is:

F-15C

F-15E

B-17G

C-130

It's easy to reproduce, mission edit those aircraft into a map and have them land, speed up the time till after 30mins from parking at a hardstand and see how they haven't despawned like they should. It happens on any map so it maybe worth testing other aircraft for the same bug.

I have linked below a couple of posts with people who have had the same problem, however it kind of seems to have been brushed over / ignored.

and

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Edit: To add F-15E to the list as well

Edited by Fallen_Tyrael

I've just tested each aircraft and will report. Here's the list of those which never disappear:

• An-30M
  • B-17G
  • Bf-109 K-4
  • C-130
  • Fw-190 A-8
  • Fw-190 D-9
  • F-15C
  • F-15E
  • F-16A MLU
  • F-16CM bl. 50
  • F-16C bl. 52
  • I-16
  • KC-130
  • P-47D-30
  • P-47D-40
  • P-51D-30-NA
  • Spitfire LF Mk. IX
  • Spitfire LF Mk. IX CW
  • E-2D (sometimes disappears if many AI aircraft have landed, and sometimes not 🤔)
  • F-5E-3
  • Ju-88 A-4
  • Mosquito FB Mk. VI
  • P-47D-30 (Early)
  • TF-51D

If any unit is missing from that list, please tell so and I will update the report.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

That's weird, I had tested all of them.

I've just re-tested these 7 aircraft and... two of them disappeared (Ju-88 and TF-51D). Could they disappear at random, whatever the type? I'll do a few more tests.

image.png

EDIT1: I get different results when using different airfields...

EDIT2: wait a minute, the Ju-88 hits the Yak while they are both landing. 😂 One more bug to report.

EDIT3: OK, it's even more complicated to test: if you change the order of the landings, you get different results.

two airfields_two different results.trk should I stay or should I go.trk

Edited by Flappie

After a few tests (without air-collisions this time), I added these  to the list:

• E-2D (sometimes disappears if many AI aircraft have landed, and sometimes not 🤔)
  • F-5E-3
  • Ju-88 A-4
  • Mosquito FB Mk. VI
  • P-47D-30 (Early)
  • TF-51D

Yak-52 does disappear afer 30 minutes.

Hi Flappie!

Thank you again for helping me bug report this issue. I thought i had better also test them all after you replied just in case, and it does seem to give some interesting results! Like for me the Fw-190 D-9 and F-16A MLU did despawn (though i didn't have chance to test again).

And I also had the same thing happen to me with the Yak where it what crashed into while still on the runway after landing!

I was hoping that it was just down to a bug in the individual aircraft because aircraft like the F-15 seemed pretty consistent across maps and airfields, however it seems from yours and my tests to go a little deeper than that which could be why its never been fully looked into or fixed.

Anyway thank you again for the help and reporting the issue, i really hope ED find a way of permanently fixing the problem.