When using the Voice chat DCS sound levels drop lower for in game sounds

Hotdognz

It’s a windows setting. You need to right click on the little speaker icon on your taskbar, bottom right corner of the desktop. And click sounds. Then click on the communication tab in the new window that opens. And select (do nothing) for what the computer does to your Audio when communications are detected. By default your pc reduces sound by 80%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

100% this.  Thought it was my sound card drivers however it is not.  Significant reduction in overall game volume when the radio function is activated and users join.  ED please address this
It's a Windows thing, not an ED thing. Read the comment above yours.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/5/2022 at 11:18 AM, Silver101 said:

It’s a windows setting. You need to right click on the little speaker icon on your taskbar, bottom right corner of the desktop. And click sounds. Then click on the communication tab in the new window that opens. And select (do nothing) for what the computer does to your Audio when communications are detected. By default your pc reduces sound by 80%.

Thank you so much for this. I solved my problem.

• Like 1

We have 4 pilots trying DCS VOIP 3 or us have changed this setting to do nothing and 1 already has the Do Nothing for the sound volume set on his machine as mentioned here, it doesn't work for us our volume is still dropping when in DCS using there new VOIP.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...