Help with cockpit arguments for F18 and F16

Chenstrap

Hi, im tinkering with cockpit arguments just wanting to know what all is possible.

At the moment all I am trying to do is setup a trigger that displays a message when a user pulls the trigger.

In the F18, the problem I am having is that almost none of the F18 Stick arguments function in any way. A couple work, like the weapon release/pickle button, and I can easily set the trigger to work with those. However, I cant make the majority work like the trigger (Argument 479), the weapon selector, (481), ETC. Ive tried a bunch of combos of minimum values and nothing works. One thing to note, in the clickabledata.lua in Notepad ++, all of those arguments im having issues with are commented out (A -- at the start of every line). Is this why they don't work? Are these not even arguments but rather something else entirely like cockpit parameters instead?

Second, looking at the F16 clickabledata.lua there seems to be nothing regarding the HOTAS in anyway. Is there any reason for this?

And third what in the world does "Avionics Plugin" mean? I cant find any reference to this anywhere. I have tried google and forum searches, the mission editor manual doesnt mention it from what I can see, nor does the decade old A10 cockpit argument document.

thanks for any help!

2 hours ago, Chenstrap said:

At the moment all I am trying to do is setup a trigger that displays a message when a user pulls the trigger.

Hello,

I actually dont know the answer to your questions, but for detecting user interaction with the cockpit I use the X:Start Listen Command trigger:

QELjucz.jpg

This example will turn Flag 1 to True every time the player presses the Hotas trigger (or the keyboard key binded to it). The next trigger displays the message whenever this occurs:

eAnEGbE.jpg

I'm attaching a test mission so you can try it. Please note that this only works when the aircraft is set to "Player", not "Client", and it only detects if the player presses the trigger .. it does not detect if the gun actually fires or not.

test.miz

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks.  I was reading how to do something like this.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Is there a list of device numbers for the F18.  I'd like to do the same thing but for the pickle button.

I found the list...cheers.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

I forgot to ask if there is a list of commands as well.  Also, the device list 13 for the HOTAS is not very specific.  Is there a list that shows more specific items such as pickle button etc?

Sad that it is difficult to find these commands etc because with them Mission builders can do much more.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

I got it working...thanks for helping me to get started.

Pickle button command is 3003

Edited by BoneDust

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png