AI SEAD action

antiload

Hi

I would like to see a change in the SEAD actions for AI aircraft in mission.  At this time when the AI are on a SEAD task they attack all radar and SAM systems that they detect. 

Is it possible for the AI just to attack a specific SAM system and return home without coving the whole map searching for targets.  

36 minutes ago, antiload said:

Hi

I would like to see a change in the SEAD actions for AI aircraft in mission.  At this time when the AI are on a SEAD task they attack all radar and SAM systems that they detect. 

Is it possible for the AI just to attack a specific SAM system and return home without coving the whole map searching for targets.  

Yes, you can direct them to attack a specific group, or even a specific radar inside a group.

EDIT: also, if you want to make sure that they return home after the attack, force them to use all their weapons on the target so that they reach winchester and RTB.

image.png

image.png

Edited by LetMePickThat
  • Like 1

It would be nice, though, to be able to order them to attack spontaneous, specific targets while in mission. I'd certainly hope this function is available for the dynamic campaign... or it'll be a complete mess trying to conduct SEAD/DEAD missions.

• Like 2

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Oh my God I literally just spent my entire day off hammering out seed missions. All right I'm using talk to text so no making fun of how the spell check or whatever does this. To add on to what the other user showed you you can use the search and engage in zone task. Open up your seed flight, delete the seed tasking in advance waypoint options. This is important if you don't do this they'll attack any radar that shows up on the map. Go to enroute task. And select search and engaging zone. Make your own size however beg you want it to be. Also the attack unit, or attack group tasking is better than I thought it was. I was using a flight of f-18s to attack an SA2 to site. If the SA2 radars weren't turned on, they only attacked the p19s, because they couldn't see the SA twos targeting radar. I wound up putting in a flight of f-14s launching decoys. Personally thought that was pretty cool. You can use search and engage in zone to have a seed flight suppress anything that pops up in an area. Think of this like you flying that seed flight, and using either too, or self protect mode to suppress enemy air defenses. Neat and devious trick by the way, if you put a search radar in the same group as your short-range Sam's, and put the search radar to safe distance, then the short range air defenses will not go active until they can engage you. It makes things more interesting. So I prefer to think of engage unit or engage group as a pre-briefed attack and use it as such. Whil if I want the Jets to organically suppress an area I give them a search and engage in zone task. I hope this helps you building your seed missions. It's definitely not perfect, but it's actually a damn site better than it used to be.