DML - Mission Creation Toolbox [no Lua required]

6 minutes ago, HungryCoyote said:

The only difference between these two missions is that I replaced the cfxZones.lua with the one from the modules folder which I guess is the updated version.

And with that, you have also identified the source of the issue 🙂 -- cfxZones depends on dcsCommon, and the new version of cfxZones uses new methods in dcsCommon. If you update dcsCommon as well, the issue goes away (see attached miz)

demo - Pulsing Fun error fixed.miz

"If, on the other hand, you ditch the CSAR helo (land without exploding, and then exit the plane as player), that should create CSAR missions, one for the pilot, and one for each pilot you picked up and did not yet deliver to a safe zone."

Yes perhaps my terminology is off, you don't  die say the tail breaks off you are just sitting there, or an autorotation, that kind of situation. We have not seen a CSAR generated in this situation.

I doublecheck it. I made a hard landing out in the desert,  then just switched to another pilot slot  and  what you get is this message Pilot call sign DITCHED--Pilot is considered MIA. 

Los

mia.png

2 hours ago, Los said:

I made a hard landing out in the desert,  then just switched to another pilot slot  and  what you get is this message Pilot call sign DITCHED--Pilot is considered MIA. 

Now that is not how it should be 🙂 -- I'll try and reproduce this. Which modules are you using (so I can get the same set-up): I see limited airframes (and obviously zones and common). Which others? Or post here / PM me the mission so I can be lazy?

Edited by cfrag

18 hours ago, Los said:

I made a hard landing out in the desert,  then just switched to another pilot slot  and  what you get is this message Pilot call sign DITCHED--Pilot is considered MIA. 

OK, I checked the code and I think I may have discovered the issue: one possible branch condition that is not yet covered in the code. Are you also using the autoCSAR module? Because that is involved in this case. The fix looks to be benign (a new condition) and that should be all, with a tiny update to limitedAirframes. Can you confirm that you are using 'autoCSAR'?

Edited by cfrag

A weird thought...prior to dml we were using a custom script that had troops autoloading and auto getting out of helos. This was for ease of use of vr flyers who were having difficulty accessing the menu in a hurry. This was accompanied by sound file splayed of troops disembarking and embarking. We have subsequently converted to your script. However I notice some of your scripts provide for the playing of sounds. Could the CSAR script do that? Thanks.

Los

Just now, Los said:

I notice some of your scripts provide for the playing of sounds. Could the CSAR script do that?

Yes. csarManagerConfig's "actionSound" attribute defines the sound file to play when there is a CSAR notification (pickup and delivery of evacuees)

12 hours ago, Los said:

can that have an ability to have an separate embark and debark actionSound

Ok, I went the first step. The attached small modification will play the 'actionSound' whenever troops are loaded into a helo or they are dropped. I'm still in the process of regression testing, can you tell me if this is what you were looking for?

cfxHeloTroops.lua

When troops embark it plays a sound to just the  pilot of them getting in, when they disembark it plays a second (different)  sound to the pilot of them getting out.  Something like that. I Pm'd you more detail.

Los

Version 1.2.4

Minor Update 

image.png

This update provides minor bug fixes and enhancements to a number of modules.

All Changes:

Manual    
    - Main
        - corrections, new typos, amendments
    - Quick Ref
        - updates to modules 

Demos
    - Willie Nillie (new) WP demo that was missing 

Modules 
    - aswGUI 1.0.1
        - stripped obsolete debugging code 

- autoCSAR 
        - typos corrected in comments 

- heloTroops 2.4.1
        - new attribute 'actionSound' (global config zone)

- smokeZones
        - formatting of code 

- dcsCommon 2.8.3
        - new whichSideOfMe() 
        - optimizations to brearingsFromAtoB()

- limitedAirframes 1.5.3
        - fix when working with autoCSAR for ditched aircraft 

- missionRestart 0.0.0
        - experimental new module 

- williePete 1.0.1
        - updates to verbosity 

Enjoy,

-ch

• Like 1

Hi Cfrag, thanks for all the hard work. I am a big fan. I have a question regarding over water ejections. Is there a way to enable that? IE for example when the pilot's chute touches the water it becomes a small boat to simulate a life-raft that CSAR  helos can retrieve? This will be great for carrier ops.

Speed is life !!!

12 hours ago, normre14232 said:

Any thoughts on way a second red  f-5 spawns about 2-3 second after the first red f-5 spawns when zone WingRed is triggered

Hi, I tried to take a look, but that mission unfortunately uses MODs. If you remove them, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this quickly 🙂 

-ch

8 hours ago, speckfire said:

I have a question regarding over water ejections. Is there a way to enable that?

You know, the ejecting part is fine 🙂 

8 hours ago, speckfire said:

for example when the pilot's chute touches the water it becomes a small boat to simulate a life-raft that CSAR  helos can retrieve?

Actually yes, a few weeks ago I was flying on one of the really nice rescue servers, and I noticed that somehow they managed to get it to work: a soldier was bobbing in the water. It was a bit janky, but it clued me in on the fact that it is possible somehow, which is enough for me to try as well. We'll see what we can come up with. The biggest issue I have is that the smallest raft that I can place units so they don't sink currently is that speedboat (see this mission), and that's too large and unconvincing that a pilot carried that in their back pocket. 

I'll also add a request to ED's wish list. One never knows, although I would not get my hopes up too far.

Edited by cfrag

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

but it clued me in on the fact that it is possible somehow, which is enough for me to try as well. We'll see what we can come up with. The biggest issue I have is that the smallest raft that I can place units so they don't sink currently is that speedboat (see this mission), and that's too large and unconvincing that a pilot carried that in their back pocket. 

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes indeed the speedboat looks little unrealistic compared to a life raft..(HINT HINT ED) but what you have in the "Sea Flea" is exactly what I am looking for.

Would you consider it as a temporary solution till ED makes a suitable replacement for water CSAR operations?

Speed is life !!!

13 hours ago, speckfire said:

when the pilot's chute touches the water it becomes a small boat to simulate a life-raft that CSAR  helos can retrieve

Alright, this looks janky as heck, but I think I found a workable stop-gap until/if ED ever add an appropriate object to the mission (that thread is here in case you want to add your weight to it)

image.png

(that harbor tug is just there so I can get a nicer picture)

Let's see what I can make of it, and if I can even integrate it into the CSAR mission zone drop so you can create CSAR missions around ships at your leisure.

• Like 1

Looks great!!! would you consider just the speedboat without the infantryman if it's becoming an issue? ie as soon as chute hits the water you go to rescue the pilot in the speedboat per say without having the need to spawn a soldier?

Speed is life !!!