Cannot assign "rockets' actions to HOTAS

FrankT118
Go to solution Solved by FrankT118,

• Solution

I wanted to try out the "new" rockets option in the Mosquito.  But I cannot assign any of the rocket actions to any of my HOTAS (not the VKBsim gunfighter joystick, nor my throttle) . all these 'fields" in the Control Options page are "greyed" out for me. except for the keyboard category.

Any solutions?

DISREGARD: my joystick.lua was corrupted - Problem solved

Mosquito control options - rockets.png

Edited by FrankT118
solution found

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D @ 3.8 Ghz / X570 Aorus Elite  / MSI GeForce RTX 3080 / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add that rockets in the Mossie have been working fine for me until the recent DCS Open Beta update which i installed last night.  Now I can load then flick the relevant switches but I cannot fire them as I could before using joystick button 2.  I cleared the cell and remapped button 2 but still no joy.  Tried a different joystick button assignment, still no joy.  What I didnt do was see if joystick button 2  allowed me to release bombs.  Will try tomorrow.  Button 2 is working, I jumped in a Spitty and mustange and it works as mapped for cqannons and rockets.

Just checked in latest OB and they seem to be working fine here, at least in training mission. You do remember that rockets are launched with button on right throttle and NOT the bomb release button on stick, right? The command is called "Fire rockets, trigger button" in controls table.

Other thing to check - maybe you use some old, modded default.lua file from time when we were editing them to slow down elevator trim? That might not be compatible with 2.7.10 I guess.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Thanks for this Art-J.  I'll go through your suggestions and see if it addresses.  I hadn'r realised rockets on bombs were on different button, I though you could use just the one mapped button which released whichever ordnance was selected in the cockpit.  I'll go take a look at that now.