Microphone not working with DCS, also can't hear anyone.

colin519

We are trying to use DCS Radio.

All of the input/output devices are appearing in DCS Settings > Audio, and we've selected everything. Nothing strange, I use a Kingston 3.5mm wired headset/mic. 

On the server side, everything is working with UPNP (seemingly anyway). We are able to connect to the server, I can open the Radio panel, I see my colleague in the correct room. 

We both see the green indicator for transmitting. This works both ways, but no audio is heard by either of us. 

My colleague is able to see his mic input level registering in the 'Gear' menu, but I cannot see this at all.

I am not able to hear my colleague, and he is not able to hear me.

I think we have two issues, but from what I can tell, this is not really supported in any real way. Is there any actual recent documentation on this from ED? 

Obviously mic/headset is working in all other apps, it's detected fine in DCS but it doesn't appear that DCS actually tries to use the Mic (it doesn't appear in Windows 10 list of recent apps using the Mic). 

Antec P280 | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 | i7 8086K @ 4.9Ghz on Thermaltake 240mm CLC | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 2400Mhz | Asus Strix Vega 64 8GB | Asus Strix XG35VQ w/ FreeSync

Samsung 960EVO NVMe for DCS and Windows 10 w/ other storage for stuff

TrackIR 5, TM WH Stick + Throttle + TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals

We have also noticed, that as soon as I join the server, my wingmans mic input registration also stops. 

Antec P280 | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus 7 | i7 8086K @ 4.9Ghz on Thermaltake 240mm CLC | 32GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 2400Mhz | Asus Strix Vega 64 8GB | Asus Strix XG35VQ w/ FreeSync

Samsung 960EVO NVMe for DCS and Windows 10 w/ other storage for stuff

TrackIR 5, TM WH Stick + Throttle + TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals

19 hours ago, colin519 said:

My colleague is able to see his mic input level registering in the 'Gear' menu, but I cannot see this at all.

What do you see then? Can you please attach screenshots?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.