In-Cockpit Lights Issues

LeCuvier

The issues I found concern 4 of the internal lights:

LH Instrument Lights, RH Instrument Lights, Bomb Aimer's Panel Light and Compass Light.

The issues are:
1. The Increase/Decrease key commands are reversed. We need to bind them "the wrong way around".
2. When you use the (corrected) INCR command, the light intensity increases up to a point and then the light goes Off completely. I created key commands with different action values and found that this happens at about 85% INCR. I find this very confusing.
If you bind to the related axis commands you see the same strange behaviour. Maybe somebody will tell me that this is how the real thing worked, but in my opinion it's a bug.
I don't know whether ED will fix this in the near future and therefore prepared a little work-around that allows me to turn these 4 lights on without fumbling. I created a key command for each of the 4 lights for binding to pushbuttons. When I push one of the buttons, it will turn the related light up to 85%. These are the lines I added to "default.lua":

{down = device_commands.Button_17, cockpit_device_id = devices.SWITCHBOARD, value_down = 0.85, name = _("LH Instrument Lights 0.85"), category = {_("Environment System"), _("Electrical System")}},
{down = device_commands.Button_55, cockpit_device_id = devices.SWITCHBOARD, value_down = 0.85, name = _("RH Instrument Lights 0.85"), category = {_("Environment System"), _("Electrical System")}},
{down = device_commands.Button_61, cockpit_device_id = devices.SWITCHBOARD, value_down = 0.85, name = _("Bomb Aimers Panel Light 0.85"), category = {_("Environment System"), _("Electrical System")}},
{down = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id = devices.SWITCHBOARD, value_down = 0.85, name = _("Compass Light 0.85"), category = {_("Environment System"), _("Electrical System")}},

Note: If you find 85% too bright you can use a lower value. I don't see the need for turning the lights Off. But you can easily create such commands using "value_down = 0"

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Awesome, I’ll be adding those when I get back home.

Thanks for making the work around.

I thought it flipped to off as you turned it up like those old dials that just go round and round, no stops. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog