Tacan for DP (ELKXXX) is not working

CedricLFML

vor 5 Stunden schrieb CedricLFML:

Hi!

All is in the title here, from the beggining I can't receive ELKXXX tacan (12X), So I can't fly to (DP in the campaign), and I don't know why...

I think i've an issue here...

😉

I assume you are referring to the "NTTR Nav points A" list from the briefing documents? If so, I believe it means that ELKXX is on the 359 radial at 100 DME from Nellis (12X).

If you are using Vaicom AIRIO instead of the Jester wheel, you'll need to create a custom command to have Jester set DP. 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

In fact, you can receive the Nellis Tacan to go to ELKXXX but you can't receive it @23000ft, you have to go up to 30000ft to receive it. And unfortunately, DP point is not showing on the Jester interface as waypoint, I have WP 1 to 3, FP,IP, and the one for India Waypoint. But not DP.

ELKXX is just a point on the NTTR - a real one too used by USAF. It has no TACAN. If you're far enough and low enough, or out of the LOS, you won't get the signal from Nellis TACAN - 12X.

DP is labeled MAN on the destination steerpoint rotary.

Edited by draconus
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

27 minutes ago, CedricLFML said:

In fact, you can receive the Nellis Tacan to go to ELKXXX but you can't receive it @23000ft, you have to go up to 30000ft to receive it. And unfortunately, DP point is not showing on the Jester interface as waypoint, I have WP 1 to 3, FP,IP, and the one for India Waypoint. But not DP.

It's called MP or Manual point or something like that for some reason.