DCS crash using Oculus Quest 2 on supercarrier missions still continuing

A A ron

This latest crash was 2 minutes into the supercarrier case 1 recovery in the persian gulf. It doesnt seem to happen when doing the aim7 4 vs 4 in the nevada mission or a freeflight in the caucasus. I performed a dcs repair after the crash. I performed a clean install of the latest nvidia driver 511 before starting the game. Please help. Files attached. I also have no mods.

dcs.20220219-010603.log dcs.20220219-010603.crash dcs.20220219-010603.dmp

Edited by A A ron

Just happened again. I tried the page file trick mentioned by mustang. i play the 4 vs 4 nevada aim 7 mission with the oculus quest 2 and it works great. I go onto a simple supercarrier case 1 recovery mission in the persian gulf and I crash to the desktop after a 5 minutes or so. I attached the files for you guys. I feel this is linked not so much with the quest 2 but the supercarrier module and this started after the stable update right before yesterdays update. The supercarrier case 1 recovery mission works ok for me on track ir so I am lost. Please help. I have not had this issue before that stable update i mentioned earlier. I do not use oculus tray tool anymore. Not sure if I should tweak anything in the nvidia control panel app for virtual reality. Thie PC I  built is specifically for dcs world and this is all i use it for. Very disappointing. The VR makes this simulator great and its not as good just using the track IR. 

dcs.20220219-170717.dmp dcs.20220219-170717.crash

Edited by A A ron

I have been using the supercarrier case 1 recovery mission for the caucasus  map and it has been working fine. So maybe there is an issue with the Persian Gulf map supercarrier missions with the oculus quest 2. The simulator works great with 4 vs 4 aim 7 mission in nevada as well with the oculus quest 2. Also I can play the persian gulf super carrier case 1 in track IR and it plays fine. I have been troubleshooting all day today with this issue to give you guys as much info as possible. 

Also I have been successfully sending crash reports to you guys right after the crash happens. I am not sure if your getting them though

• ED Team
2 hours ago, A A ron said:

The simulator works great with 4 vs 4 aim 7 mission in nevada as well with the oculus quest

I suggest running the same mission at maximum graphics settings. Or try flying over the Caucasus in multiplayer. As an experiment.
P.S. Thank you. I found your reports on the server.

• ED Team
5 hours ago, A A ron said:

Maybe uninstall DCS and reinstall

I think this won't solve the problem. As you can see, the appearance of the error
2022-02-24 02:02:41.760 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: failed to create structed buffer. Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
does not depend on the terrain. I suggest paying attention to the video card. At what frequency does the core of your video card work when the DCS is running? To get this information, you can use AfterBurner from MSI, GPU-Z from TechPowerUp or other similar utilities. Please attach a screenshot of the result.

Here is the latest crash which happened on the supercarrier case 1 recovery mission again. I am now trying a few fixes from the geek page labeled "DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED." I want to make sure from you guys that the same issue is happening through the log. I have already performed fix 2 and fix 3 with no luck( google geek page DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED and the page will pop right up). Please let me know what you think of these fixes suggested by the geek gage. Also I start the game with the 4 vs 4 mission aim 7 nevada mission and it plays great in vr. I played thee mission 3 or 4 times then i go into this supercarrier mission and i flew a liitle longer this time all the way into the groove then it crashed. If you guys want anymore info let me know. It consistantly crashes on this mission. I was thinking of also doing the page file trick and changing to 32768 min/ 32768 max but I dont think this is a memory issue. I have 2 16GB sticks of corsair dominator platinum FYI.

dcs.log-20220226-142357.zip

Maximov it looks like I figured out the issue with the game crash. In the Nvidia control panel in the "adjust image settings with preview" the setting was at "use the advanced 3D image settings." I changed that to " let the 3D application decide." Through all the tutorials I have went through on YouTube it is recommended to have DCS or the application control everything and that's why I did this. This was the only setting I changed and the crash stopped. Please if you have any other changes you would like me to make in the Nvidia control panel to allow this simulator to run smoother/efficient let me know. I have done multiple supercarrier persion gulf case 1 recoveries now without a crash and multiplayer servers are working well also. I hope this helps others out. Also FYI i have pretty much everything as application controlled in the " manage 3D settings." If you guys could set up a nice tutorial on the proper settings that would be great. I have used spudknockers recommendations through one of his YouTube tutorials but I would think Eagle Dynamics would be able to put together a similar tutorial that could help out a lot.