Night wands

FoxOne007

When can we FINALLY expect the night wands used by deck crew?? It’s been well over a year and we still have nothing as basic as this. It makes night ops on the carrier a good bit harder without these wands. I hope ED makes this a priority ASAP

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

been mentioned many times already. They are on the list to do, when they are ready we will add them. 
Appreciate you may not agree with the development plan but that is for the project managers to decide. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

been mentioned many times already. They are on the list to do, when they are ready we will add them. 
Appreciate you may not agree with the development plan but that is for the project managers to decide. 

thanks

I understand it can be frustrating for a CM to answer the same question over and over. But on the other hand, if many people ask about wands, maybe that is a great indicator that the demand for them is very high? To be fair, we hear about the SC development every once in a while in the newsletter, but never a word was written about night wands in newsletters and the progress of this feature (I stand to be corrected, but I read all of them each week). It feels like a great disconnect between your project managers' priorities and the customers' when all we read about are scarcely-requested features like briefing rooms (only useful for MP squadrons), but the most requested features like night wands get a vague "when we get around to it" reply.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, Qiou87 said:

I understand it can be frustrating for a CM to answer the same question over and over. But on the other hand, if many people ask about wands, maybe that is a great indicator that the demand for them is very high? To be fair, we hear about the SC development every once in a while in the newsletter, but never a word was written about night wands in newsletters and the progress of this feature (I stand to be corrected, but I read all of them each week). It feels like a great disconnect between your project managers' priorities and the customers' when all we read about are scarcely-requested features like briefing rooms (only useful for MP squadrons), but the most requested features like night wands get a vague "when we get around to it" reply.

Player demand can not always influence project goals, the project managers know what can be done with the resources they have, that is the reality of it. 
Wands are coming I just can not give you a ETA yet. 

• Thanks 2

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Player demand can not always influence project goals, the project managers know what can be done with the resources they have, that is the reality of it. 
Wands are coming I just can not give you a ETA yet. 

I’m sorry but this just further shows the big disconnect between ED and the actual community.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1 hour ago, FoxOne007 said:

I’m sorry but this just further shows the big disconnect between ED and the actual community.

Appreciate you are upset you can not get what you want right now, but as mentioned the project managers know what is best when it comes to directing tasks for the team. 
If we were disconnected from the community I would not bother replying to you or feeding back to the team, but thanks for the feedback. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• ED Team
Just now, Gypsy 1-1 said:

How so? Have said project managers read the forums and seen these reports? Who is currently working on the SC (amount of developers) and what is your internal projected timeframe/deadline for out of EA release? 

This is the kind of transparency people are asking for.

If the team are working on a particular part of the project pulling them off it to work on another part of the project would be counterproductive. As mentioned the project managers know what is best for tasking the team. 
Wands are not just models, they are also animations and code, when the team are ready we will share more news. 

I don't want to keep repeating myself, again I appreciate you may not agree but that is the way it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
Just now, Gypsy 1-1 said:

You evaded all my questions and didn't answer any of them. 

I replied, but I'm not going to give you our internal project details or timeline. 

36 minutes ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

You evaded all my questions and didn't answer any of them. 

No, they answered it. Remember that those wands are used at night, and the kicker there is you'd have to not only have the models and animations, you'd also have to have a transition from a 'day' crew to a 'night crew', and what happens if the transition needs to happen while flight ops are going on? Like BN said, it's not just the base animations and the models, it's the code that goes into it, and there's a lot of code to go with it. Trust me, as someone who likes Carrier ops, there's a lot of things I want to see too:

• a remade SH60 for SAR and Plane Guard
  • A barricade that will catch my tailhookless plane if I lost it in combat or because I ripped it off trying to land (or got to barricade state)
  • The ability for the crew interaction and landing to be made part of the stock game
  • Additional Carrier options including the earlier Nimitz class in their 80s era configurations, the Enterprise in various configurations, and even the Ford Class
  • Additional warships for both Red and Blue
  • The same animations being available on RedFor carriers
  • Additional CATOBAR aircraft, both AI and player controled
  • and much, much, MUCH more.

And yet, despite this massive list of things I want... I know good and dang well it's going to take months, if not years at best to get them all in. And I'm perfectly fine with this. Besides, with Apache right around the corner, there's a number of land-based items we've been calling for for years that we're finally getting too. I foresee many big QOL items being brought into DCS this year.

• Like 1

For everyone constantly bitching at ED: show me another flight simulator brand this committed, with this many years of development and continuity, and this level of product.

There isn't one.

For those of us who grew up on DID and Spectrum Holobyte/Microprose - their model delivered differently. Where are they now? All that's left is a fan mod with no VR, no multi-screen, one plane.  Give these guys a break.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexscott292 said:

For everyone constantly bitching at ED: show me another flight simulator brand this committed, with this many years of development and continuity, and this level of product.

There isn't one.

For those of us who grew up on DID and Spectrum Holobyte/Microprose - their model delivered differently. Where are they now? All that's left is a fan mod with no VR, no multi-screen, one plane.  Give these guys a break.

There are multiple but we’re not allowed to talk about other sims here….

1 hour ago, Tank50us said:

No, they answered it. Remember that those wands are used at night, and the kicker there is you'd have to not only have the models and animations, you'd also have to have a transition from a 'day' crew to a 'night crew', and what happens if the transition needs to happen while flight ops are going on? Like BN said, it's not just the base animations and the models, it's the code that goes into it, and there's a lot of code to go with it. Trust me, as someone who likes Carrier ops, there's a lot of things I want to see too:

• a remade SH60 for SAR and Plane Guard
  • A barricade that will catch my tailhookless plane if I lost it in combat or because I ripped it off trying to land (or got to barricade state)
  • The ability for the crew interaction and landing to be made part of the stock game
  • Additional Carrier options including the earlier Nimitz class in their 80s era configurations, the Enterprise in various configurations, and even the Ford Class
  • Additional warships for both Red and Blue
  • The same animations being available on RedFor carriers
  • Additional CATOBAR aircraft, both AI and player controled
  • and much, much, MUCH more.

And yet, despite this massive list of things I want... I know good and dang well it's going to take months, if not years at best to get them all in. And I'm perfectly fine with this. Besides, with Apache right around the corner, there's a number of land-based items we've been calling for for years that we're finally getting too. I foresee many big QOL items being brought into DCS this year.

The majority of those things can very easily be done in less then half a year with a dedicated team and some money to buy those 3D models instead of making everything in-house (this would save a ton of time and result in a lot more useful AI in the game. Like the S-3B model could have been redone years ago had they just bought a rigged model

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I replied, but I'm not going to give you our internal project details or timeline. 

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

7 minutes ago, FoxOne007 said:

The majority of those things can very easily be done in less then half a year with a dedicated team and some money to buy those 3D models instead of making everything in-house (this would save a ton of time and result in a lot more useful AI in the game. Like the S-3B model could have been redone years ago had they just bought a rigged model

I have replied to your question and given you the answers you need. You dont know what is involved in the production and you dont know the challenges the project manager face. So saying it could be easily done is just silly. 

As this thread has been answered and you are going off topic it can now be closed, 

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2