X52 mode switch

irfanahmed1979

Managed to hook up but only for a couple of seconds:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

On 3/4/2022 at 4:10 AM, irfanahmed1979 said:

Yes so how do you get the mode switch to work? Can you assign a keyboard keystroke to the mode switch in the profiler, for example LShift and then use the LShift modifier in DCS options to get multiple sets of keybindings?

I think you can have it execute a keystoke in the profiler (see attached) but I've never used it or had to.

v6,

boNes

Capture.JPG

On 3/4/2022 at 4:10 AM, irfanahmed1979 said:

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Alright.

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Hi.

For the Logitech software;

open the Software

Click on view so you change the view

image.png

image.png

So you can right click on the "Mode 1" and select "new advance command" and name it and do the key combination you want this selector to perform, click accept and do it for all 3 modes. With that you can use the selector as a key press for the objective you want.

The main thing you have to understand is that the profile is a "keypress" simulator. The action you program makes the PC think that you pressed a key, or key combo. So when you go to the DCS setup tab and look for the actual key for a function, you should replicate  it in the profiler, so every time you press the button on the joy you sen a key press to the PC. It is ok but it a lot of work, so it is better (IMO) to bind directly the DCS function to a key press (no software involved) and only use the profiler for those actions that can't be bound directly to DCS. In the profile I sent, I use the Selector to switch between Pilot and RIO (key 1 and 2 in the keypad), the mouse as RADIO select, and Pinky as a modifier (inside Logitech sofwtare), so a button does deferent things depending on if the pinky is pressed or not (e.g. Pinky+ buton 3 pauses TrackIr).

If you are  at a point where you find yourself lost, restart everythink from the begining:

1 Start DCS

2 Start a F-14 mission in the ramp. Pause and 

3 go to controls, delette all keybinds and load default.

4 Clear the joystick keybinds but not the imputs.

5a Now, the long way: find the function you wish implement in the profiler, let's say "look right slow". memorise the keybind (NUMPAD 5, easy one), go to profiler, select the button you wish to config (let say POV1 RGT), click on the blank space and press NUMPAD 5. Name it and save Repeat for all 4 directions.

6 In the profiler, save the profile, click in the little aiming icon (blue one) and back to DCS. Unpause. Try the POV 1, you should be able to look around (no TrackIr runing)

Repeat for all the functions.

As you can see, it takes time.

Here is where the Mode selector is great, as it helps you do three or six (if pinky is used) different actions per button/switch.

5b Short way: find the function you wish to config, In DCS controls tab, right click on the X52 column and press the button you wish to bind. Repeat for all the controls you need/want to program. The ones you can't do this way, do the previouse one. Faster one...

6 back to 6

Here you can't use the mode selector directly, you should use it like the previouse one (5a) for all other modes than mode 1.

Hope I could help, still here in case you may need more guidance.

Saludos.

Saca111

Thank you Sacarino for the help. I haven't been able to fly or play any games since the past 3 days (real-life keeping me occupied). So whenever I get the time and feel a bit "adventurous" 🙂 I'll fiddle with the software again. Yes, I get the point that the mode selector can only work with the logitech software and is not recognized by DCS alone. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/7/2022 at 9:50 PM, Sacarino111 said:

The main thing you have to understand is that the profile is a "keypress" simulator. The action you program makes the PC think that you pressed a key, or key combo. So when you go to the DCS setup tab and look for the actual key for a function, you should replicate  it in the profiler, so every time you press the button on the joy you sen a key press to the PC. It is ok but it a lot of work, so it is better (IMO) to bind directly the DCS function to a key press (no software involved) and only use the profiler for those actions that can't be bound directly to DCS. In the profile I sent, I use the Selector to switch between Pilot and RIO (key 1 and 2 in the keypad), the mouse as RADIO select, and Pinky as a modifier (inside Logitech sofwtare), so a button does deferent things depending on if the pinky is pressed or not (e.g. Pinky+ buton 3 pauses TrackIr).

Hi saca111, do you use any curvatures with this HOTAS for pitch, roll and/or yaw? I'm finding it extermely difficult to hook-up with a tanker.

1 hour ago, irfanahmed1979 said:

Hi saca111, do you use any curvatures with this HOTAS for pitch, roll and/or yaw? I'm finding it extermely difficult to hook-up with a tanker.

Hi.

Yes, indeed.

My curvatures go from 15 to 25, depending on the airframe, on all pitch, roll and yaw. The throtle/collective I like "as is". Any how, foe me the F-14 is a lot more difficult than, let's sy the F-18 or the mirage, or even the AV8. To me it is due to the bad visibility from the cockpit, and also the throttle is so responsive that I almost always skip the basket.

Saludos.

Saca111

9 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Yes, indeed.

My curvatures go from 15 to 25, depending on the airframe, on all pitch, roll and yaw. The throtle/collective I like "as is". Any how, foe me the F-14 is a lot more difficult than, let's sy the F-18 or the mirage, or even the AV8. To me it is due to the bad visibility from the cockpit, and also the throttle is so responsive that I almost always skip the basket.

Saludos.

Saca111

Thank you

• 3 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

For AAR, wing sweep in manual or bombing, Little nose down trim, so you have to pull on the stick ever so slightly to stay level and if you want to descend, just release pressure on the stick ( i found that pushing to descend makes a very exagerated nose down motion). If the speed is a problem, as the throttle position is at the detent, open a bit the speedbrake.

Saludos

Saca111

Is there a video tutorial on how to use the F-14 profile that you provided. I still don't have a clue on how to use it 😞

9 hours ago, irfanahmed1979 said:

Is there a video tutorial on how to use the F-14 profile that you provided. I still don't have a clue on how to use it 😞

Hi.

Sorry, no video that I know of...

I've attached my profile, bur keep in mind it is done for the X52 Pro.

Copy it to the Logitech folder, where all othe other profiles are.

OPEN it with the Logitech software and take a look at it. Try to get an idea; not much inputs. The important one is the mode selector: In SP, if you turn it towards you (mode 1 in the MFD) you jump into the RIO seat, and controls are diferent than if you move it forward (mode 3) where you will be in the Pilot position.

The PINKIE button is used as a modifier inside Logitech profiler (not DCS modifier)

Mouse fire is a button that I use to open JESTER menu (inside DCS)

Mouse wheel is set as 2 buttons, for wing sweep select (auto/bomb inside DCS)

Joystick twist is used to zoom in/zoom out

POV 2 + PINKIE is used as Trim (inside Logitech profiler, so check key bindings). RIO use it different...

Mouse up/dwn/lft/rgt is used as micro switches if pilot or as LANTIRN controls when RIO.

The rest of buttons are configured inside DCS and depend on your likings

Can't do much more, but keep asking if needed, please.

Saludos.

Saca111

DCS F14B.pr0

Thanks Sacarino

nullSo I loaded the profile in the software that I have and tried switching the mode switch but I didn't jump into the RIO seat. I've attached 2 screenshots.nullnull

image.png

image.png

I must be sounding very stupid but I can't make head or tail of this software. Here's another screenshot:

null

image.png

On 9/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Sorry, no video that I know of...

I've attached my profile, bur keep in mind it is done for the X52 Pro.

Copy it to the Logitech folder, where all othe other profiles are.

OPEN it with the Logitech software and take a look at it. Try to get an idea; not much inputs. The important one is the mode selector: In SP, if you turn it towards you (mode 1 in the MFD) you jump into the RIO seat, and controls are diferent than if you move it forward (mode 3) where you will be in the Pilot position.

The PINKIE button is used as a modifier inside Logitech profiler (not DCS modifier)

Mouse fire is a button that I use to open JESTER menu (inside DCS)

Mouse wheel is set as 2 buttons, for wing sweep select (auto/bomb inside DCS)

Joystick twist is used to zoom in/zoom out

POV 2 + PINKIE is used as Trim (inside Logitech profiler, so check key bindings). RIO use it different...

Mouse up/dwn/lft/rgt is used as micro switches if pilot or as LANTIRN controls when RIO.

The rest of buttons are configured inside DCS and depend on your likings

Can't do much more, but keep asking if needed, please.

Saludos.

Saca111

DCS F14B.pr0 22.99 kB · 1 download

Hi Sacarino,

I posted some screenshots of the software with the profile opened. I was hoping maybe you could help me with it as now you can see what I see on my screen 🙂

Hi @irfanahmed1979

I see... Aparently, as your joy is the X52, the profile is not showing correctly.

I made some screenshots of my profile, showing the bindings I did. Not many, the rest is done within DCS setup tab.

I hope that helps.

Saludos.

Saca111

P.S. this day I am outside, but later I would be happy if we met and can help you (via DISCORD)

X52Pro1.png

X52Pro2.png

X52Pro3.png

X52Pro4.png

X52Pro5.png

Definitely. I am usually free on weekends. My time zone is UTC +5. Provide me with an invite link and setup a suitable time for both of us.

Take your time. No rush.

• 4 weeks later...

I can use the clutch as a modifier but not the pinkie switch. Is this normal?

When I click on Add Modifiers in the controls section and press the clutch on my X52, it gets recognized. However doing the same with pinkie does not work.

Also @Sacarino111if I need to set the controls for the RIO does it have to be mode 3 (red light)? I've made a profile for the F-14 but only in mode 1. So if I wanted to programme for mode 3 how would I do it?