Collective and Throttle

Hmm.. what do you mean by that? The collective and the throttle are two different things. Not sure why you'd ever want to operate them at the same time. Not that you ever really need to 'operate' the throttle much at all.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Well, it's not a computer, it's purely analog in the Ka-50, but all turbine-powered helicopters are like this...you set the throttle at some predefined setting and leave it there, and the engine governors (which are either all or mostly hydromechanical) take care of the rest. So in that sense, the AH-64D will be very similar to the Ka-50., you just set the throttles to FLY and you're done.

2.png

Explanation: I have set my split throttle as, left to X and throttle, and my right throttle to Y and collective, and were I invert both so the hotas functions like reverse throttle and collective. Then, when I raise my collective, I also begin thrust on my throttle. 

1.png

Edited by hawa0835

4 minutes ago, hawa0835 said:

Explanation: I have set my split throttle as, left to X and throttle, and my right throttle to Y and collective, and were I invert both so the hotas functions like reverse throttle and collective. Then, when I raise my collective, I also begin thrust on my throttle. 

In AH-64D 99% of the time you put your throttle to FLY position so you dont use a throttle BUT if you still want to control the throttle MANUAL you have to take it to LOCKOUT and then back to FLY immediately now you can adjust your throttle between IDLE and FLY position 

I hope i helped,

Mert