Loiter command for AI pilot.

MRTX

After flying for a while today with petrovich as my pilot in the Hind and thinking about how our American equivalent could be, I imeadiatly noticed that it would be very handy to have a loiter command for him. I imagined it being a seperate flight mode for the pilot, as with the Mi-24s 2 different AI flight  modes. So you would choose the loiter mode, and designate the center of your orbit either as with selecting targets as a pilot in the hind, or maybe just with your TADS. After that you can select your IAS, altitude and loiter radius simmilar as with the AI flight mode in the hind. 

Since lots of us are going to solo the Apache, i see such a feature probably used quite a lot and it could be the key to utilize the Apache to its full potential when flying alone.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

A big improvment to george in my opinion would be a loiter function. This would work by designating the center of your orbit with the TADS or IHADSS, after which George would set up an orbit around the center at your selected speed, altitude and orbit range. The orbit range would be controlled with the george menu left and right long. As a special function George could be given the command for a run in towards the center for the CPG to engage targets with a Hellfire, after which George would return to the set up orbit.

Overall this could really help singleplayer CPG's when trying to observe and engage an area for a prolonged period, and it would allow for easy gun employment.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Would kill for the ability to LOITER or orbit for George.  Since he kills me half the time in a hover or transition to hover, an orbit burning less fuel would be great, Especially since I have heard Casmo and other helo guys speak on occasion where they said they were always moving. 

Even if it was a point click on the map, coupled with the ability to visually look at a point, and George would maintain speed and either run a left or right turn orbit via choice, and a minute or to leg extension outbound.  Sort of a Track leg would be great.  Could extend inbound combat runs, and George would automatically reach that said point and initiate an outbound turn and continue to hold

Bump for the great idea

• Like 1